If there’s something that all of us can’t live without, it’s sleep. Even in summer, when the temperatures are high you need to get enough sleep to regenerate your strength. Often, no matter how high is the temperature, many of us still love to sleep under a blanket. There is something about blankets that add that extra comfort without which many of us can’t get a good night’s rest. Perhaps, it’s the thought of growing up being tucked under it by our parents/guardians.
But it’s also because blankets have been associated with warmth and comfort that help us fall asleep faster. Thus, summer blankets are pretty popular. So, if you’re looking for a well-made blanket for summer use, read on to hear more about the top selection currently available on the market.
5 Top Rated Summer Blanket Reviews
1. Bedsure Fleece Blanket Queen Size
Experience quality sleep with this cooling blanket from Bedsure during hot nights. Available in single, twin, queen and king sizes, this blanket is designed to provide a soft and comfortable feeling whether you’re simply taking an afternoon nap or watching TV. Thus, it’s a versatile blanket that you can use in the living room and bedroom. The blanket is made from 100% Microfibre, making it a lightweight summer option and even warm enough for the cooler seasons.
As a sensational blanket, it adds an elegant and superior look to complement any room. You can even use it to protect your sofa or bed from accidental spills and pet hairs.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 2.7 pounds with 15 x 11.4 x 4.3 inches product dimension
- Solid and lightweight made from fleece to provide comfort and an extra soft fabric
- Neat stitches enhance its connections on the seams with stronger and integrated outlook
- Made with 100% microfiber polyesters fabric lasts longer as it is fade and stain resistant
- Double-sided reversible design with a uniquely soft feel that has a smooth side and fuzzy side
- 260 GSM fleece blanket provides a lightweight fabric compared with ordinary cotton blankets
2. Utopia Bedding Woven Summer Cotton Blanket
This model is a great choice for a king size bed and is a premium cotton blanket that promotes air circulation through the fabric to keep you cool during summer. It also helps you regulate your body temperature. This is possible thanks to its two-sided waffle weave and the cotton material it is made with. As a king size blanket, you can wrap yourself up in it and also stay warm during cold winter nights. Though it is slightly larger, it is still lightweight and keep in mind that natural shrinkage of cotton may occur over time. Most importantly, it’s hassle-free to wash, as it is machine washable, and you can tumble dry or air-dry it.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 4.65 pounds with 16 x 14 x 6 inches product dimension
- 100% cotton fabric with dobby weave that shows waffle square patterns
- Breathable blanket with thermal weaving makes it handy for any season especially during summer
- Premium fabric with exceptional quality ensures its fibers remain in good condition to provide you with better sleep
- Hypoallergenic properties provide maximum protection against dust mites, allergens, and irritants
3. YnM Cooling Weighted Patchwork Bamboo Blanket
With 300 thread count of bamboo viscose material, this YnM blanket is filled with thin polyfill and premium glass beads. It’s also cool and silky to the touch to help you stay comfortable all night. Its double fabric layers ensure that it is leak-free but still breathable. Most importantly, it is suitable for users who weigh between 90 to 150 pounds.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 15 pounds with 16.2 x 13.7 x 5.3 inches product dimension
- Premium-grade weighted quality helps the body relax by stimulating the feeling of being hugged/held to sleep faster and better
- Breathable smart fabric with moisture wicking management properties adopts honeycomb fabrics
- Pure natural bamboo viscose fabric provides a stain-like feeling
- Close-fitting design to body shape and sleeping posture produce smaller temperature fluctuations
- Three-dimensional lock bead sewing methods ensure its softness and comfortableness
4. Aidear Queen Size Blanket
Adopting the reactive dyeing technology, this summer blanket from Aidear is no doubt designed to be one of the best summer blankets available. It can resist pilling, fading, shedding, wrinkles and static due to the high-quality construction that makes it last for years. 100% free from non-toxic materials, it is safe to use even around toddlers and babies. It also doesn’t have an odor which some blankets have upon opening its package.
In addition, it is easy to clean since it can be machine-washed on cold water and gentle cycle. When drying, it can be tumbled dry on low heat as well.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 4.2 pounds with 15.5 x 14 x 6 inches product dimension
- 350 GSM fuzzy texture offers a new and remarkable sleeping experience
- 100% microfiber polyester lightweight blanket is silky and velvety to the touch
- Hypoallergenic fabric that is free from harmful substances is certified by Class A under maternal and infant safety standards
- High-grade fabric holds up against pilling and shrinkage while remaining soft after a couple of washes
- Machine-washable and able to tumble dry on low heat setting
5. GOHD Golden Ocean Bamboo Fiber Blanket
Made from a material that is widely thought to be softer than Egyptian cotton, this bamboo fiber summer blanket offers many benefits. One of its best characteristics is its basic smooth surface that feels great on your skin. Moreover, it is more absorbent than cotton fabrics thanks to its cross-section that allow better ventilation. Most importantly, it’s anti-bacterial, anti-static, and anti-fungal which gives it an edge over its competitors.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 3.36 pounds with 11 x 10.5 x 2.5 inches product dimension
- Bamboo fibers provide some of the softest fabrics which beat the Egyptian cotton and feel like silk
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties protect it against mold, fungus, and any bacteria build-up
- Breathable and odor-resistant fabric remains fresh and free from bad odor which is perfect for summer
- 3°F cooler bamboo fabric than the average blankets
How to Choose the Right Summer Blanket
When it comes to choosing the right summer blanket, you may think that it’s as simply about the color options or whether you want a full queen or king-size blanket. However, you may find that there is more to consider when shopping for one. Especially if you’re looking for some of the best summer blankets, which will also keep you warm during the cold winter weather and range around your selected price point. So, whether it is or isn’t your first time buying a summer blanket, this quick guide can help you make the correct choice.
Whenever you want to buy a summer blanket, the first thing to look out for is its size. If you want to make sure that your entire body and mattress are fully covered, ensure that you have the right product dimensions. It’s always best to get a blanket that is a few inches longer and wider than your mattress. Take note that the size may also vary depending on its manufacturer so don’t forget to inspect its size chart, as even full queen and king size blankets may have some variance.
The blanket material choice is a personal one, though we do advise to choose one that can be easily taken care of and thrown in the washing machine when needed. Depending on the exact benefits you want to enjoy, pick the fabric and care that suits your needs the most. Some summer blankets have one material on one side and another on the other. Like this, you can flip the blanket according to what you prefer at that point in time. In general, waffle-weave blankets make great summer blankets, as they promote air circulations and the blanket material is light and cosy. Wool blankets, in comparison, may be too heavy and warm for summer blankets. However, wool has very good temperature regulating properties so you may find that a woollen blanket may earn its spot by your side for the cooler summer night. To help you find the right fabric for you, here are some of the most common types of fabric that summer blankets are made of:
If you want a soft summer blanket, then cotton should probably be your first choice. It’s known for being soft and breathable. It can also absorb sweat and moisture from your body well which is caused by the summer heat. When it comes to maintenance, cotton holds up pretty well even after years of usage and repeated washes. Aside from being an in-demand type of fabric, it’s also great for those who suffer from allergic reactions. Most importantly, it’s very lightweight and airy, making it a great choice for summer blankets.
This type of fabric is made from the flax plant that is excellent in wicking away moisture. At the same time, it prevents heat from being trapped which is why it’s often used as a material for summer blankets. Though it may not be as soft as cotton, it’s a great solution for staying cool and allowing better airflow. Whether it’s summer or just a little bit warm, linen works great. This type of fabric is prone to wrinkles but it gets softer after every wash.
Believe it or not, bamboo is quite popular too when it comes to blankets and beddings. It’s hypoallergenic and thermo-regulating making this fabric a fantastic choice for hot and cold nights. Most importantly, it’s lightweight so you can easily pack it on summer camps.
Unlike any other fabric, satin is made from synthetic fibers. It’s a weave of fabric that has a glossy top surface and dull back. Even though it’s not made from natural fiber, it can provide very similar benefits as silk, cotton, and bamboo. As a matter of fact, satin is perfect if you’re looking for a high-grade blanket you could use in summer. It has that luxury since it’s very soft and gentle to touch.
- Egyptian Cotton
If you’re into luxury products and owning high-quality items, then you’ve probably encountered this type of fabric already. For thousands of years, Egypt has continued to produce cotton to create high-end fabrics. Until now, it’s considered as the best cotton in the world with finer threads that are stronger and softer than most.
Blankets differ depending on how they are woven which determine the level of warmth it can provide. It can also change the weight of the blanket, which for summer we believe should be as lightweight as possible.
Regular vs. Summer Blankets
For most of us, a blanket is one of the first things we invest in when we start to live independently. A good blanket offer that next level of comfort during the winter and, when summer arrives, a blanket can be a great alternative to a summer down comforter, as even these may get a little sweaty. States with intense summer heat, such as Louisiana, Texas, and Florida are most definitely areas where light materials are beneficial for use during the summer. But how can you tell the difference between a summer and a regular blanket? The simple answer, in most cases, is the blanket’s thickness.
Summer blankets are thinner compared to a regular blanket or a summer down comforter but usually aren’t as thin as a single sheet. You may even find that a fleece performs well as a summer blanket since this material is normally thin, light and soft. However, it may not offer much air-circulation and after a while may make you too sweaty. Therefore, not only the blanket’s thickness but also the material or combination of materials are important when determining what makes up summer blankets.
Choosing the best summer blanket may not be as easy as ABC but it’s worth the time and effort. Finding the perfect summer blanket is like scoring one of the best gifts that you could ever give to yourself. After all, it’s better to experience its benefits first before considering it as a great gift to others. If you want to get rid of your thick and heavy comforters, a summer blanket is a great alternative, especially to stop overheating during sticky summer nights.
It can help you sleep better while tucked under its comforting fabric without making you swim in your sweat during a hot summer. Most importantly, a summer blanket lightweight, oftentimes easy to wash and care for, and perfect for summer camps!