At the beginning of time, man used to sleep on stone beds. Then as he grew wiser, he made beds out of grass and so on. Then in 1871, a German guy named Heinrich Westphal invented the innerspring mattress, and to this day, we enjoy the fruit of this invention. As time went on, newer and better mattresses became available, and they came in all sizes with queen size being at the top of the list in terms of quality, size, and cost. But finding the best queen size mattress is harder than finding the soul stone (hope you get the reference). So we thought of making a list of the top queen size mattress available and help you decide when you venture into the market. We will discuss these products, their features, pros and cons, and everything that can help you make the right choice.
Comparison Of Top 10 Best Queen Mattress
|Image||Name||Dimensions||Weight||Material Type||Where To Buy|
|Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea||80 x 60 x 12 inches||62.5 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Signature Sleep Memoir||80 x 60 x 12 inches||68.2 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam||80 x 60 x 8 inches||55 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused||80 x 60 x 10 inches||51.8 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory||80 x 60 x 10 inches||55 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Synwell Sleep Cool and Firm Gel||60 x 80 x 9 inches||59.3 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Live and Sleep Queen Mattress||80 x 60 x 10 inches||64 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Modway Aveline 8" Gel Infused||80 x 60 x 8 inches||47 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Sweetnight Queen Mattress||60 x 80 x 10 inches||72 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Classic Brands Gramercy Euro-Top Cool||80 x 60 x 14 inches||106 lbs||Memory Foam; Gel Foam||Check Price|
10 Best Rated Queen Mattress Reviews
1. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress
Memory foam and green tea, just the use of these words in the same line is such a relaxing feeling. This mattress provides you everything you could ask for in one product. The memory foam combined with pressure relieving comfort foam offers the zenith of comfort to the user.
- Different types of foam provide the best comfort your body can get from a mattress. Memory foam, Comfort foam, Airflow high-density foam, and Airflow high-density support foam combine to provide the support that your body needs after a day of hard work.
- The foam used is CertiPUR- US certified, which implies that it’s the best performing form for durability, performance, and comfort.
- Available in multiple sizes of 6,8,10 and 12 inches.
- Green tea extract keeps the product freshness intact and provides soothing comfort at all times.
WARRANTY and Returns
- Every mattress comes with a 10-Year limited warranty which covers defects in workmanship and materials, and you need the original receipt.
- Every mattress has a 100-day refund policy, and refunds are done within 2-3 business days.
2. Signature Sleep Mattress, 12 Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Signature has been around in the mattress business for over 50 years and boasts of over 1 million mattress sales in the last year. The 12-inch mattress consists of 4 inches layer of Memory Foam and 8 inches of high-density foam.
- The mattress has isolating abilities, which prevent you from being disturbed by your partner’s movements at night.
- In addition to being Certi-PUR-US certified foam, the foam is free of any environment harming elements and heavy metals.
- The mattress comes with a fabric cover by default.
- Mattress reaches its full size in a matter of hours although the instructions advise giving 72 hours.
WARRANTY and Returns
- Although there is an additional charge for replacements after the first two years, the mattress comes with a 10-year warranty on workmanship and materials.
- There are an additional shipping and handling charges of USD 75 for all returns.
3. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
Relatively new players in the game, Linenspa have been around for only 15 years. But do not let that fool you because they pride themselves for their remarkable quality, service, and above all, excellent value. This 8-inch beauty gives you the best of two separate technologies; memory foam and an old school innerspring mattress give you the medium firm feel which is stated in its name too.
- The mattress is available in 8, 10, and 12-inch variant, but the price change with sizes.
- Perfect for kids or guest rooms.
- Durability is a big positive with the presence of 6-inch steel coils in this mattress.
- Due to its size, it is probably the lightest of the mattresses available right now, but that does not affect its comfort.
- CertiPUR-US certified foam and environment-friendly product.
WARRANTY and Returns
- A usual for a mattress it comes with a 10-Year limited warranty which any issues arising from workmanship and materials.
4. Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress
Olee sleep has been in the mattress business for 34 years and is known for its innovation and high sleep quality, which is offered by this mattress in every sense of the word.
- A combination of gel infusion and memory foam makes this 10-inch mattress a comfortable sleeping accessory.
- There is 1 inch of 8 ILD (Impression Load Deflection) memory foam followed by 1 inch of 25ILD HD foam which prevents the defection of memory foam. Then there is one inch of I gel, which disperses temperature and maintains a constant mattress temperature.
WARRANTY and Returns
- The 10-year warranty with this mattress makes sure that you can sleep easy at night just in case there is any workmanship.
- The manufacturer offers free returns within 30 days of receiving the delivery. The refund is usually seen in 3-5 business days.
5. LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Although this mattress is available in different sizes and different feels from form to plush, we found the 10-inch variant the best in terms of feel. It sits right in the middle of the scale and seems like it might suit the needs of everyone.
- Another one of those hybrid mattresses which use both gel and memory foam to try and achieve the balance between old and new technologies.
- The Breathable Tencel cover is top-notch quality and very comfortable.
- As is a norm with foam nowadays, the foam used is CertiPUR- US certified.
WARRANTY and Returns
- For all mattresses bought in the US, there is a 10-year warranty which takes care of any workmanship and material issues.
6. Synwell Sleep Cool and Firm Gel Infused Ergonomic Memory Foam Mattress
An excellent combination of high-density memory foam and memory gel form the core of this mattress. CertiPur-US certified foam and multiple layers make this mattress a good buy.
- Cooling memory gel, Convoluted Foam layer, and Comfort foam are used in tandem to provide a comfortable experience to the user.
- Gel-infused memory foam allows for better pressure relief and more comfort for the user.
- As per the manufacturer, the mattress is of grade 3-4, which indicates firm status, which should be good news for those who seek to buy a mattress, not too firm but just firm enough.
- As per the manufacturer and some reviewers, the mattress can help with back pain, shoulder pain, and hip pressure.
WARRANTY and Returns
- The mattress comes with a 5-Year limited warranty, which is a bit of a let down because every other competitor offers a 10-year warranty.
7. Live and Sleep Queen Mattress – Memory Foam Mattress
A much-loved mattress with HD core which relieves pressure points, causes less tossing and turning, aids in back pain relief and meant for stomach and back sleepers alike.
- 2.5-inch pure memory foam and 7.5 high-density foam constitute this mattress.
- Different Flex thread textile fabric cover which is easy to remove and wash.
- The breathable, plush, and highest quality material used in the mattress which provides optimum comfort.
- The mattress comes with a premium foam pillow.
- Rated as Medium to the medium firm in terms of comfort. (6-7 on a scale of 1-10, where one is softest, and ten is very hard).
WARRANTY and Returns
- This mattress has one of a kind 20-year warranty on materials and any workmanship issues. This is a big jump from the usual 10-year warranty which is provided by others.
- 30-day full refund guarantee on mattress only.
8. Modway Aveline 8″ Gel Infused Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Topped with gel infused memory foam, this 8-inch mattress keeps your body climate steady while quickly confirming to your weight and position. This mattress claims to be a pioneer in affordability.
- Aveline comes with gel infused memory foam top layer, which is open cell and ventilated.
- Every mattress uses CertiPUR- US certified foam as per information provided on the manufacturer’s website.
- The mattress is made up of 2-inch gel-infused memory foam and 6-inch responsive base foam
- The mattress claims to reduce pressure on your head, neck, and spine with an open cell memory foam. Aveline helps align your spine and reduce stress on your hips, lower back, and shoulders.
WARRANTY and Returns
- If you find any issues with the material or any of the original work on the mattress, then you can use the 10-year warranty to save the day.
9. Sweetnight Queen-Size Mattress, 10 In. Gel Memory Foam
Sweetnight queen size mattress is designed with three layers all-foam system, improving support and heat dissipation, helps those with back pain, tossing & turning motion transfer.
- The mattress is made up of 2-inch cotton blend knit fabric cover, 2-inch memory foam, 5 inches 3 zoned comfort foam and supported by 3-inch high-density support foam.
- CertiPUR-US Certified foam is made without harmful substances like formaldehyde, mercury, or other heavy metals.
- The mattress needs close to 72 hours to expand to its maximum depth.
WARRANTY and Returns
- Every material and workmanship on this mattress is backed with a 10-year warranty which will be honored by the mattress manufacturer.
10. Classic Brands Gramercy Euro-Top Cool Gel Memory Foam
This mattress is a hybrid which means that it has both a wrapped-coil innerspring system and gel-infused memory foam. This gives customers the best of both worlds!
- This five-layered mattress includes a gel infused memory foam layer, a soft comfort foam layer. Gel memory foam layer followed by another comfort foam layer and finally supported by innerspring layer.
- The top is a euro-top knit cover which has corded edges and is perfect for breathability of the mattress.
- The top layer of gel-infused memory foam dissipates the heat from the body and provides a comforting and sound sleep, while the bottom layer of innerspring coils makes sure that your sleep is not affected by the movements of your partner.
- Memory and gel memory foam is naturally hypoallergenic and provides inherent resistance to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites. In addition to it, the foam meets the CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability.
WARRANTY and Returns
- The 10-Year limited warranty on defects in workmanship and materials gives you peace of mind as long as you have the original receipt.
Types of Queen Size Mattresses
There are three major types of queen size mattresses, and they are listed below:
- Innerspring: The mattress from the 1800s
The innersprings are made up of three parts: The foundation, the core, and the comfort layer. Innerspring mattresses offer a springy feel. Additionally, innerspring mattresses offer a firmer bed, which is ideal for some sleepers. But these mattresses will make you feel the movements of your sleeping partner very quickly.
Also, the fact that after prolonged use, the sleepers can start feeling the springs on the back, which adds to the discomfort.
- Gel-Infused Mattress
Gel-infused mattresses are leaders in the business because of their comfort and breathability. Their ability to spring back into their standard condition quickly after the pressure is removed makes them a strong contender amongst different mattress types. This also means that these types of mattresses shape around sleeper’s body faster.
If you are one of those people who move around a lot, then this mattress will not stay compressed where you are sleeping after you have moved. Instead, it will shape around you as you move.
Also, gel-infused mattresses are known to be colder to sleep on due to their ability to enhance air circulation which in turn allows the body heat to escape
- Memory Foam
Memory foam is also known as a viscoelastic because it forms around the sleeper’s body and remembers it. If you apply pressure on it and later remove the weight, it holds the shape for a few seconds and then returns to the original state. This feature allows memory foam mattresses to ease pressure points and aching joints.
Memory foam mattresses are considered to be the best queen size mattresses because they allow equal weight distribution, which in turn provide adequate support to the body and reduces painful pressure.
On the flip side, memory foam tends to become warm at night, which is a good thing in winter but can become very difficult during summer times.
In addition to these three, there are other kinds of mattresses as well like airbeds, futons, pocket coils, latex, etc. but their usage is on the decline and being quickly replaced by memory foam or gel-infused mattresses.
Advantages of Queen Size Mattresses
Whether you are a lone wolf or share your bed with someone, a queen size bed is an answer to the majority of your needs. Before we jump into the advantages of a queen size mattress, let’s look at the corresponding beds, and that will allow you to understand the value even better. In this article, we are only going to look at the most popular types of bed sizes.
|S.no||Bed/Mattress type||Size (inches)||Number/Type of people|
|2||Twin||39*75||Toddlers/ smaller children|
|3||Double||54*74||High school children|
|5||King||76*80||Couples who need more space|
|6||California King||72*84||Couples with a child|
Considering the table above, it becomes evident that a queen size mattress is the best option if you sleep alone, with someone or at times need to accommodate another person/child with you.
Slightly smaller than a King mattress, a queen mattress offers sufficient space for multiple people. Even the ‘Active’ sleepers who like to move around in sleep have enough space and yet not intrude on the fellow sleepers’ bedside. This size ensures that very rarely would you end up in a situation where you are about to fall off the side or have your limbs hanging from the sides. To add to this, since there is sufficient space for maneuvering during sleep, you don’t need to flip or rotate your bed to find new spots. Above all, since you are not confined to a specific part of the mattress, it does not lead to indentations, which can turn permanent after prolonged use.
Adding to the advantage of using a queen size mattress is that it can fit into almost all of the bedrooms you have in a house. From the room for your guests to the active zone of the kid’s room to the tranquil confines of your master bedroom, a queen size mattress works for every scenario.
As compared to the King sized mattresses, the price is always going to be lower. And with the competition in the mattress industry heating every day, consumers have a large variety available, which further brings down the price.
This size mattress is best for single people who need their space, couples, and new families with infants.
Things to Consider While Buying Queen Size Mattresses
A mattress is going to be an essential investment and needs all your attention and research before you shell out your hard earned money. It is also an important decision because, if you get the wrong size or type of mattress, you may end up with back and body pain issues which can easily open the pandora’s box. Money is always going to be a significant factor. Although not always right, but if you want comfort, there will always be a price tag associated with it. Let’s look at some of the top things to consider before you hit the buy now button or hand over cash or tap your credit card for the mattress.
Throughout this article, we have put our focus on the queen size mattress. Therefore even here, we will stick to the same parameters and consider things to consider before buying a queen size mattress.
- Size Always Matters
When choosing a mattress, just deciding a queen or king size is not the end of the story. You need to pay special attention to the depth of the mattress that you are going to buy. Queen mattress is available in all sizes, starting from 8 inches and going all the way to 16 inches. You need to remember the more significant the depth size, most probably more support it will provide for your back. Try it Out!
It is an excellent idea to lie down on the mattress and check if you like the feel before plunking down your credit card. Some people find it embarrassing, but there is no workaround. Obviously, you wouldn’t you buy a car without test driving it first! Similarly, you need to test the mattress and make sure you like it before you use it. Make sure you stretch out, curl, roll over, lie down in your favorite sleeping position and if you enjoy reading or working off the bed, make sure you sit on the edge and check it too.
Another point to consider is if you are going to share the mattress, then both of you need to test it together. If both of you are comfortable, only then should you move on to the next step.
- Firm or Plush
Unfortunately, there is no worldwide accepted standard for the firmness of a mattress. A lot of this has to do with the fact that firm for one person could be extra firm for another. Every manufacturer adds and removes something to be different. Therefore their definitions change accordingly. The common terms used are soft, medium firm, firm, and extra firm. The manufacturers often use a scale from 1-10 to define this part where one is the softest and 10 is extra firm. These are determined by the number and types of material used in the mattress. This is another reason why trying the mattress before you buy it is so important.
- Check All The Options
Earlier in this article, we discussed different types of mattresses, and each one of them has their pros and cons. Some may prefer an old school innerspring, while a gel infused or a memory foam could be the choice of others. Check all options and research before you make the decision.
- Warranty And Returns
Even if you try the mattress at the store, you will get the real feel of the mattress after a week or so and sometimes even more. Therefore always check if the mattress has a trial period.
You will be using this mattress daily without fail. Hence it is imperative that you check the type of warranty and everything that is covered and not covered. Warranty will protect you against unpleasant surprises if things go south.
- No compromise on Price
It’s a significant and valuable investment. Budget accordingly, because the last thing you want is to spend less and suffer later. Also, remember you don’t want to spend too much and regret later. Find the middle path, and you should be okay.
At the end of the day, your personal choices should define the kind of mattress you purchase. The list and the guidelines provided above can help you choose from a variety of options, but the final decision will always be yours. Make sure that you have researched well and considered all the factors before you buy.
You will need a mattress irrespective of who you are and making a wise, and informed decision is often a better practice than a quick one.