At the beginning of time, man used to sleep on stone beds. Then as he grew wiser, he made beds out of grass and so on. Then in 1871, a German guy named Heinrich Westphal invented the innerspring or coil mattresses, and to this day, we enjoy the fruit of his invention. As time went on, better and more advanced mattresses became available. They come in a variety of dimensions with the queen size being the popular choice in terms of quality, size, and cost. But finding the best queen size mattress is harder than finding the soul stone (hope you get the reference). So we thought of making a list of the top queen size mattresses available and help you make your mattress shopping a breeze. We will discuss these products, the mattress features, pros and cons, and everything that you need to know.
Comparison Of Top 10 Best Queen Mattress
|Image||Name||Dimensions||Weight||Material Type||Where To Buy|
|Zinus Memory Foam Green Tea||80 x 60 x 12 inches||62.5 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Signature Sleep Memoir||80 x 60 x 12 inches||68.2 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam||80 x 60 x 8 inches||55 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused||80 x 60 x 10 inches||51.8 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory||80 x 60 x 10 inches||55 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Synwell Sleep Cool and Firm Gel||60 x 80 x 9 inches||59.3 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Live and Sleep Queen Mattress||80 x 60 x 10 inches||64 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Modway Aveline 8" Gel Infused||80 x 60 x 8 inches||47 lbs||Memory Foam||Check Price|
|Sweetnight Queen Mattress||60 x 80 x 10 inches||72 lbs||Foam||Check Price|
|Classic Brands Gramercy Euro-Top Cool||80 x 60 x 14 inches||106 lbs||Memory Foam; Gel Foam||Check Price|
10 Best Rated Queen Mattress Reviews
1. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress
Memory foam and green tea, the combination of these two in any sleeping product never fails to bring such a relaxing feeling. And, this foam mattress provides you with everything you could ask for in one product. The viscoelastic foam combined with pressure-relieving comfort foam offers the zenith of comfort to the user.
- Different types of foam provide the best comfort your body can get from a bed-in-a-box. Viscoelastic polyurethane, Comfort foam, Airflow high-density foam, and Airflow high-density support foam are integrated to provide the support you need after a day’s hard work.
- The foam used is CertiPUR-US certified, which implies that it’s the best performing form for durability, performance, and comfort.
- Available in a variety of thickness – 6, 8, 10, and 12 inches
- Green tea extract keeps the product smelling fresh and provides soothing comfort at all times
WARRANTY and Returns
- Offers a 10-year limited warranty that covers defects in workmanship and mattress materials. Just keep in mind to present the original receipt.
- Every mattress has a 100-day refund policy, and refunds are done within 2-3 business days.
2. Signature Sleep Mattress, 12″ Memory Foam Mattress
Signature has been around in the mattress industry for over 50 years and boasts of over 1 million mattress sales in the last year. A deserving flag bearer, this queen-size mattress consists of a 4-inch layer of memory foam and 8 inches of high-density foam.
- This queen mattress offers excellent motion isolation, preventing sleep disruption caused by your partner’s movements while sleeping
- In addition to being CertiPUR-US certified foam, the material is free of any environment harming elements and heavy metals.
- The mattress comes with a fabric cover
- Mattress reaches its full size in a matter of hours although the instructions advise giving 72 hours allowance
WARRANTY and Returns
- Although there is an additional charge for replacements after the first two years, the mattress comes with a 10-year warranty on workmanship and materials.
- There is an additional shipping and handling charges of USD 75 for all returns.
3. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
A relatively new contender in the bed-in-a-box business, Linenspa has been around for only 15 years. But do not let that fool you because they pride themselves for their remarkable quality, service, and above all, excellent value. This 8-inch beauty gives you the best of two technologies – memory or viscoelastic foam and the old school innerspring mattress. This combination gives you a medium-firm hybrid mattress that boasts of pressure-relieving qualities ideal for side and back sleepers.
- The mattress is available in 8, 10, and 12 inches, but the price change with sizes
- Perfect for kids or guest rooms
- Durability is a big plus considering the presence of 6-inch steel coil support
- Due to its size, it is probably the lightest of the queen mattresses available right now. But that does not affect its comfort
- CertiPUR-US certified foam and environment-friendly product
WARRANTY and Returns
- Similar to other queen mattresses, it comes with a 10-year limited warranty covering any issues arising from workmanship and materials
4. Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Layer Top
Olee Sleep has been in the mattress business for 34 years and is known for its innovation and high sleep quality, which is offered by this mattress in every sense of the word.
- The combination of gel infusion and memory foam makes this 10-inch mattress a comfortable sleeping surface
- There is 1 inch of 8 ILD (Impression Load Deflection) viscoelastic foam followed by 1 inch of 25 ILD HD foam which prevents the defection of the first layer. Then there is also an inch of gel that disperses heat and maintains a constantly cool mattress temperature
WARRANTY and Returns
- The 10-year warranty of this mattress makes sure that you can sleep easily at night just in case repair or replacement issues arise
- The manufacturer offers free returns within the 30-day sleep trial. The refund is usually done in 3-5 business days.
5. LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Although this mattress is available in different sizes and firmness levels that range from firm to plush, we found the 10-inch variant to be the best in terms of feel. It sits right in the middle of the firmness scale and is likely to suit the needs of everyone.
- Another one of those hybrid mattresses that use both gel and viscoelastic polyurethane foam to achieve the balance between old and new technologies
- The breathable Tencel cover is top-notch quality and very comfortable
- As is the norm with foam mattresses nowadays, this one is also CertiPUR- US certified
WARRANTY and Returns
- For all foam mattresses bought in the US, there is a 10-year warranty which takes care of any workmanship and material issues
6. Synwellsleep Cool and Firm Ergonomic Memory Foam Mattress
If you’re looking for the best mattress for stomach sleepers, the Synwellsleep’s 8-inch variant is worth considering. An excellent combination of high-density viscoelastic polyurethane foam and memory gel form the core of this queen-size mattress. The CertiPur-US certified foam and the multiple comfort layers make this firm mattress a great buy.
- Cooling memory gel, Convoluted foam layer, and Comfort foam are used in tandem to provide a comfortable sleeping experience
- Gel-infused viscoelastic foam allows for better relief on pressure points
- The mattress has a firmness level of 2, which should be good news for those who seek to buy a mattress firm enough for stomach sleepers
- As per the manufacturer and some reviewers, the mattress can help with back pain, as well as pressure on the shoulders and hips.
WARRANTY and Returns
- The mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty
7. Live and Sleep Queen Mattress – Memory Foam Mattress
A much-loved mattress with HD core that relieves pressure points, causes less tossing and turning, aids in back pain relief, and designed for stomach and back sleepers alike – this medium-firm mattress has it all.
- 2.5-inch pure memory foam and 7.5 high-density foam ensure great motion isolation
- The different Flex thread textile fabric cover is easy to remove and wash
- The breathable, plush, and premium quality material used in the mattress provides optimum comfort
- The mattress comes with a premium foam pillow
- Rated as Medium to medium-firm in terms of firmness level, ideal for a combination sleeper (6-7 on a scale of 1-10, where one is softest, and ten is very hard)
WARRANTY and Returns
- This mattress has one of a kind 20-year warranty on materials and any workmanship issues. This is a big jump from the usual 10-year warranty which is provided by others
- 30-day full refund guarantee on the mattress only
8. Modway Aveline 8″ Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Topped with ventilated and open-cell viscoelastic foam, the 8-inch Modway Aveline keeps the heat well-regulated while comfortably conforming to your sleeping position. Not only does it work nicely for most sleeping positions, but this mattress also claims to be a pioneer in affordability.
- Aveline comes with viscoelastic foam top layer that is open-cell, ventilated, and infused with gel
- Every mattress uses CertiPUR-US certified foam as per information provided on the manufacturer’s website
- This queen mattress is made up of 2-inch viscoelastic gel foam and 6-inch responsive base foam
- The mattress claims to provide pressure relief on your head, neck, and spine, as well as promote proper spinal alignment
WARRANTY and Returns
- If you find any issues with the material or any of the original work on the mattress, then you can use the 10-year warranty to save the day
9. Sweetnight Queen-Size Mattress, 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam
Sweetnight queen size mattress is constructed with an all-foam system composed of four comfort layers. Its flippable design effectively supports different body types or sleeping positions, dissipates heat, helps those with back pain, and provides great motion isolation so you can have a much-deserved good night’s sleep.
- The mattress is made up of a 2-inch cotton blend knit fabric cover, 2-inch memory foam, 5 inches 3 zoned comfort foam, and is supported by 3-inch high-density support foam.
- CertiPUR-US Certified foam is constructed without harmful substances like formaldehyde, mercury, or other heavy metals.
- The mattress needs close to 72 hours to expand to its maximum depth.
WARRANTY and Returns
- Every material and workmanship on this mattress is backed by a 10-year warranty which will be honored by the manufacturer
10. Classic Brands Gramercy Euro-Top Cool Gel Memory Foam
If you’re looking for the best cooling hybrid mattress, this Classic Brands got you covered. It has both a wrapped-coil innerspring system and gel memory foam layers. This gives customers the best of both worlds!
- This five-layered mattress includes a gel-filled viscoelastic material, a soft comfort foam, the same gel foam layer followed by another comfort foam, and finally, the innerspring layer for extra support
- The top is a euro-top knit cover that has corded edges that enhances the breathability of the mattress
- The top layer of gel viscoelastic dissipates the heat from the body and provides a comforting and sound sleep, while the bottom layer of innerspring coils gives a superb motion isolation
- The viscoelastic gel foam is naturally hypoallergenic and inherently resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites. In addition, the foam meets the CertiPUR-US program standards for performance, emissions, and durability.
WARRANTY and Returns
- The 10-year limited warranty on defects in workmanship and materials gives you peace of mind as long as you have the original receipt
Types of Queen Size Mattresses
There are three major types of queen size mattresses, and they are listed below:
Innerspring: The Mattress From the 1800s
The innersprings are made up of three parts: the foundation, the core, and the comfort layer. Innerspring mattresses feature a springy feel. Additionally, these mattresses offer a firmer bed, which is ideal for some especially stomach sleepers. However, innerspring models aren’t the best mattress options when it comes to motion isolation.
Also, the sleepers can start feeling the springs protruding against their back after prolonged use, which adds to the discomfort.
The infusion of gel is a breakthrough that made some mattress brands leaders in the business because of their comfort and breathability. Their ability to spring back into their original state after the pressure is removed makes them a strong contender amongst different mattress types. This also means that these mattresses quickly conform to your sleeping form.
If you are one of those combination sleepers who moves a lot throughout the night, then this one is perfect for you, as it easily adjusts to various sleeping positions.
Also, gel foam mattresses are best recommended for those who sleep hot due to their ability to enhance air circulation and regulate body temperature.
Memory foam is also known as a viscoelastic because of its body contouring feature and the ability to “remember” it. If you apply pressure on it and then later remove the weight, it holds the shape for a few seconds and then returns to its original state. This feature allows memory foam mattresses to ease pressure points and aching joints.
Memory foam mattresses are considered to be the best queen size mattresses because they allow even weight distribution, which in turn provide adequate support to the body and reduces painful pressure.
On the flip side, this mattress type tends to become warm at night, which is a good thing in winter but can become very stuffy during summer.
In addition to these three, there are other kinds such as airbeds, futons, pocket coils, and latex foam mattresses. However, their usage is on the decline and being quickly replaced by viscoelastic foam or gel-infused mattresses.
Advantages of Queen-Size Mattresses
Whether you are a lone wolf or share your bed with someone, a queen size bed is an answer to the majority of your needs. Before we jump into the advantages of a queen size mattress, let’s look at the common mattress sizes and their recommended age group. In this section, we are only going to look at the most popular bed sizes to give you better insight.
|S.no||Bed/Mattress type||Size (inches)||Number/Type of people|
|2||Twin||39*75||Toddlers/ smaller children|
|3||Double||54*74||High school children|
|5||King||76*80||Couples who need more space|
|6||California King||72*84||Couples with a child|
Considering the table above, it becomes evident that a queen size mattress is the best option if you sleep alone, with someone or at times need to accommodate another person or child with you.
Slightly smaller than a King mattress, queen size mattresses offer sufficient space for more than one occupant. Even the ‘Active’ sleepers who like to move around in their sleep will have enough space to keep their sleeping companion undisturbed. This size ensures that very rarely would you end up in a situation where you are about to fall off the side or have your limbs hanging from the edge. Additionally, since there is sufficient space for maneuvering during sleep, you don’t need to flip or rotate your bed to find new spots. Above all, since you are not confined to a specific part of the mattress, it does not lead to indentations. It’s a big plus considering that these dents can turn permanent after prolonged use.
Adding to the advantage of using a queen size mattress is that it can fit into almost all types of bedrooms. From your guestrooms to the active zone of the kid’s room to the tranquil confines of your master bedroom, a queen size mattress works for every scenario.
As compared to the King size mattresses, the price is always going to be lesser. And with the competition in the mattress industry going stronger every day, consumers have a large variety available, which further brings down the price.
This mattress size is best for single people who need their space, for couples, and for new families with infants.
Things to Consider When Buying Queen Size Mattresses
A mattress is going to be an essential investment and needs all your attention and research before you shell out your hard earned money. It is also an important decision because, if you get the wrong mattress type or size, you may end up with back pain and other sleeping issues. Money is always going to be a significant factor. Although not always right, but if you want comfort, there will always be a price tag associated with it. Let’s look at some of the top things to consider before you hit the Buy Now button or hand over cash or tap your credit card for the mattress.
Throughout this article, we have placed our focus on the queen size mattress. Therefore even here, we will stick to the same parameters for buying.
Size Always Matters
When choosing a mattress, just deciding a queen or king size is not the end of the story. You need to pay special attention to the depth of the mattress that you are going to buy. A Queen mattress is available in several heights, starting from 8 inches and going all the way to 16 inches. You need to remember though that the more significant the depth is, the more support it will provide for your back.
It is an excellent idea to lie down on the mattress and check if you like the feel before plunking down your credit card. Some people find it embarrassing, but there is no workaround. Obviously, you wouldn’t buy a car without test driving it first! Similarly, you need to test the mattress and make sure that you’re comfortable with it before you invest. Try to stretch out, curl, roll over, lie down in your favorite sleeping position. If you enjoy reading or working on the bed, sit on the sides and check the edge support, too.
Another point to consider is if you are going to share the mattress, then both of you need to test it together. If you are comfortable, only then should you move on to the next step.
Firm or Plush
Unfortunately, there is no worldwide accepted standard for the firmness of a mattress. A lot of this has to do with the fact that firm for one person could be extra-firm for another. Every manufacturer adds and removes something to be different. Therefore, their definitions change accordingly. The common terms used are soft, medium-firm, firm, and extra-firm. The manufacturers often use a scale from 1-10 to define this part where one is the softest and 10 is extra firm. These are determined by the number and types of material used in the mattress. This is another reason why availing of the sleep trial before you buy is so important.
Check All the Options
Earlier in this article, we discussed different types of mattresses, and each one of them has their pros and cons. Some may prefer an old school innerspring, while a gel infused or a memory foam could be the choice of others. Check all options and research before you make the decision.
Warranty and Returns
Even if you try the mattress at the store, you will get the real feel of the mattress after a week or so and sometimes even more. Hence, always check if the mattress has a sleep trial period.
You will be using this mattress daily without fail. Hence, it is imperative that you check the type of warranty and everything that is covered with your mattress purchase. Warranty will protect you against unpleasant surprises if things go south.
No Compromise on Price
A new mattress is a significant and valuable investment. Budget accordingly, because the last thing you want is to spend less and suffer later. Also, remember you don’t want to spend too much and regret it later. Find the middle path, and you should be okay.
At the end of the day, your personal choices should define the kind of mattress you purchase. The list and the guidelines provided above can help you choose from a variety of options, but the final decision will always be yours. Make sure that you have researched well and considered all the factors before you buy the best queen-size mattress for you.
Sooner or later, you will need to replace your old mattress, and making a wise and informed decision is often a better practice than a quick one.