Although they all look the same, there are many types of pillows available in the market. Each kind is made from different materials and they promise various levels of comfort to its users.
If you are the type of sleeper who wants head, neck, and spine support, you may have heard about the benefits of a latex foam pillow. These pillows promise pain-free sleep because it can provide the support your upper body needs as you slumber. It also has other perks that guarantee a good night’s rest.
If you want to check out the best latex pillows and buy the one that matches your needs, we have prepared a brief buying guide for you. We will look into the basic things you need to learn about latex pillows to make your choice easier. We also included our recommendations for the best ones you can buy based on your budget and requirements.
10 Best Rated Latex Pillows With Reviews
1. MALOUF Z 100% Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow
For people looking for the best latex pillow with a high loft, the Malouf Z 100% Organic Talalay Latex Pillow should be on your list. This 100% Talalay latex pillow offers to provide the right height support for your head and neck without affecting its soft quality.
The latex material used for each Malouf Z pillow comes from sustainable rubber and made through an eco-friendly process to ensure its quality. The latex is molded through the Talalay process and has a durable pin-core design to guarantee support and foam consistency.
Since it uses natural components, this Talalay latex pillow is mildew proof and dust mite resistant. It also has breathable properties to keep users cool at night. Each Malouf Z latex pillow comes with a 5-year warranty to protect users from any manufacturer defect they see in their pillows and pillow covers. The pillow also comes with a removable and washable organic cotton cover.
The company does advise users that it may have a slight smell to it when it is first opened. The off-gassing smell can be removed by washing the pillow cover or leaving it as is to let the odor disappear.
- Its high loft is perfect for side sleepers, offering the right amount of pressure relief
- The holes in the pillow ensure that it stays cool even in the hot season
- One of the best latex pillows for allergy sufferers, with an organic cotton cover
- It returns to its original shape when not in use and can be rolled to a small size
- Eco-friendly, mildew and dust mite resistant
- Some pillows delivered or bought may be thinner than advertised
- Some users report that it loses its quality after a month
2. Beautyrest Latex Pillow
Need a latex pillow that will give you stress-free sleep? The Beautyrest Latex Standard Foam Pillow is here for you, offering a unique option. It is specially designed to cradle your upper body throughout the night and give you a refreshing slumber.
This latex pillow from Hollander Sleep Products uses 100% natural latex which guarantees that it will be very durable. The material also bounces back fast regardless of the pressure it supports, to ensure it does not flatten immediately.
Whenever you use this pillow, it will automatically adapt to your form, providing optimal support and pressure relief. The company also ensures that these pillows have the right height to boost their support and comfort level. The pillow is also hypoallergenic as the construction prevents any bacteria and viruses from developing within. The holes in the pillow help to keep it bacteria-free. Also, the design ensures that moisture and heat dissipate fast to keep you cool at night.
Each Beautyrest Latex pillow comes with a soft removable cotton cover that can be machine washed. If users want to clean the latex foam itself, it can be spot cleaned to retain its quality. The pillows also come with a product warranty.
- It provides excellent support without sinking too much
- Works with any type of bed to allow users to get a good night’s sleep
- It does not have any repulsive smell when it is in use
- It returns to its original form no matter how much pressure is used
- Very affordable compared to other latex foam pillows
- Some users report that the advertised loft of this pillow is inconsistent
- Users report that some sellers do not offer returns
3. OrganicTextiles All Natural Latex Pillow
The OrganicTextiles All Natural Latex Pillow is one firm latex pillow that will work well for those experiencing constant head and neck pain. The company also says it is one of the best latex options in the market for people looking for organic latex pillows.
The company OrganicTextiles is well-known for creating high-quality natural home products, especially beddings. They use all-organic materials that are safe for the environment, comfortable to use, and passed international standards.
Their all-natural latex pillows reflect the company’;s dedication to high-quality products. The pillows are made from pure latex and do not contain any synthetic materials. It also does not smell when it is used, unlike other latex pillows. It provides a firm but soft support, with sufficient pressure relief in the right places. After it is used, the shape of the pillow returns to its original form.
Each pillow is also hypoallergenic, thanks to the natural latex used in this product and its 100% organic cotton cover. This pillow is also breathable, guaranteeing that it stays cool and prevents mildew development. This pillow comes in various sizes and lofts to provide great support for any type of sleeper. The company also promises that this pillow will retain its size and shape for as long as 5 years.
- Works perfectly for back and side sleepers
- Heavy users report that the pillow offers them great support and it does not sink too much
- Although the material is soft, it provides perfect support and pressure relief each time
- It springs up faster once you lift your head up from the pillow
- The price is affordable, and comes with organic cotton cover
- It may not work for sleepers who need a lower loft
- There are users who say it does not hold its shape well
4. Elite Rest Slim Sleeper – Natural Latex Foam Pillow
The Elite Rest Slim Sleeper is a thin latex pillow that works perfectly for people who don’;t like high lofts. This thin but firm latex pillow offers excellent support for users and even improves their breathing.
The company Elite Rest says that the Slim Sleeper is one of the thinnest latex pillows you can buy in the market. It has a 2.5-inch thickness, which may cause some users to think against it. But, when you lie down on the pillow, it can provide the same upper body support as other latex pillows and likewise helps with your breathing.
Each pillow is made from 100% natural latex which is free from synthetic chemicals. As a result, it is hypoallergenic and resistant to mildew and mites. It also does not have the strong odor that other natural latex pillow options may have.
The pillow also has a pin-hole design to ensure it keeps the users cool on hot nights. The design allows the air to properly circulates in the pillow, preventing any mildew from developing. Every cushion comes with a high-quality cotton cover which can be removed and washed. It is quite soft to touch and reliably durable.
- It provides excellent support even if it is thin
- The design ensures that it is breathable to use even in hot conditions
- A natural latex pillow that does not have any chemicals that produce too much off-gasses
- One of the best latex options for people with allergies – antimicrobial and hypoallergenic
- Comes with a washable high-quality cotton cover
- The height advertised by the company is not accurate according to some users
- Some pillows have strong off gasses which makes it hard to use
5. SWEESLEEP Medium Soft Natural Talalay Latex Foam Bed Pillow
People suffering from allergies may find it hard to buy a latex pillow that will work for them. But, with the SWEESLEEP Medium Soft Talalay Latex Pillow, they may have found the right one for their needs.
This unique pillow from SWEESLEEP uses 100% natural latex which is proven to be breathable to use. It is also very durable and keeps its shape without problems for a long time. It is also Oeko-Tex and ISPA approved which proves it is made from premium quality and natural materials.
Since it utilizes natural latex, the foam is hypoallergenic which is a big plus for allergy sufferers who can’;t use other types of pillows. It is also breathable, ensuring that mildew – a known allergen – won’;t develop in the pillow during hot temperatures where moisture is common.
Every SWEESLEEP Talalay latex pillow comes in a vacuum-sealed pouch to protect it during transit. It will immediately bounce back to its natural shape once you open the pouch. It also has a 100% breathable and durable cotton cover which you can wash easily.
- It comes with a medium loft that offers balanced support for any type of user
- It is easy to break in and very comfortable to use
- Reverts back into shape even if you squish it to a small size
- Many love the fact it is made from high-quality materials to ensure it is long-lasting
- Some users say that its price is very reasonable though it is an organic Talalay latex pillow
- Not the best latex product when it comes to off-gassing, even if the cotton cover is washed
- Users who do not want a bouncy loft should opt against this pillow
6. OrganicTextiles 100% Organic Latex Contour Pillow
Are you looking for a firm latex pillow that is made from 100% organic materials? The OrganicTextiles 100% Organic Latex Contour Pillow definitely fits the bill because it uses materials that passed international standards and offers great body support.
When it comes to natural and organic home products, OrganicTextiles is one of the best. They use all-natural and high-quality materials certified to have met international standards. They also make certain that each product is safe for its users.
With the Organic Latex Contour Pillow, it uses 100% chemical-free and natural latex which passed the Global Organic Latex Standard as well as the GOTS. These certifications guarantee that the latex is made from eco-friendly procedures to protect the environment and is free from toxic chemicals.
The latex is also manufactured using the Dunlop process, which ensures that it doesn’;t have off-gassing. It is also cheaper than other latex pillows on the market. The contour design of this pillow has a height of 4 to 5 inches, which provides excellent support for back and side sleepers. The foam is breathable to keep it free from bacteria, mold, and dust mite.
- It works for any type and size of sleepers, thanks to its unique contour design
- It offers great neck support without being too hard to use
- Made from materials that passed international standards
- Made through eco-friendly procedures to ensure that it retains its natural quality
- Its organic cotton cover is easy to remove and clean without getting damaged
- Some users say that it is very hard to use and causes back pain
- The off gas smell that it has can be hard to remove even when aired under the sun
7. PureTree Organic Shredded Latex Pillow
The PureTree Organic Shredded Latex Pillow is great for people who love to have perfect head and neck support when they sleep. It is made from natural latex which is actually easy to use and will stay in shape for a long time.
This pillow from PureTree uses a special blend of natural latex made from the Para rubber tree sap. Its organic latex is GOLS-certified, which guarantees that it is made without the use of toxic chemicals and does not have synthetic latex in them.
Thanks to its unique manufacturing process, the PureTree shredded latex fill is very firm and comfortable to use and touch. It is also durable, ensuring that it can hold any amount of weight without affecting its shape. Plus, it offers the right amount of support and pressure relief.
You can adjust the fill quality of their PureTree latex pillow. It can be done through their removable inner lining and all the extra latex can be stored in case you wish to restore the fill. This pillow uses shredded latex fill to ensure that it is breathable. Heat can dissipate easily when it is used. It also prevents molds, mildew, and bacteria from forming, thanks to its moisture-wicking feature.
- The pillow is made from high-quality materials and has a durable body
- It keeps its high loft and shape easily even after every use
- With adjustable filling that provides multiple firmness options
- Natural shredded latex pillow fill that passed the Global Organic Latex Standard
- It has perfect air circulation and heat dissipation qualities
- Some users say it is very heavy and rough to use
- There are some parts which can be very lumpy and affects its support qualities
8. Simmons Beautyrest Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow
If you want the best latex pillow that fits any sleeping position, you will never go wrong with Simmons Beautyrest Latex Foam. This pillow promises to provide firm support for the upper body and protect you from bacteria and allergens.
When it comes to flexible latex pillows, Simmons Beautyrest knows its clientele very well. This extra firm pillow can work for most sleep positions, whether for stomach sleepers or combination sleepers.
It is made from 100% organic Talalay latex which is very consistent and offers balanced support in any part of the pillow. It has a 250-thread count sateen zip removable cover that is very luxurious to touch and offers additional comfort to the users.
Since it is made from latex, the body of this pillow is breathable and can inhibit the development of bacteria and mildew especially during the summer. It also stays dry and stops moisture from seeping into the cushion. The pillow is machine washable, a feature that is rare in other latex pillows in this list. Thanks to its unique construction and material, it is very durable and lasts for a long time.
- It retains its body and shape for a long time
- It provides excellent body support and spinal alignment
- It is very firm to lay on even if it is very soft to use at first
- It has a reasonable height to help support the body
- It is quite affordable and available in three sizes
- May not be the best latex option for those who don’t prefer medium-firm pillows
- Some users report that the off-gassing is very strong even after it is air dried
9. eLuxurySupply Beautyrest Latex Pillow
The eLuxurySupply Beautyrest Latex Pillow makes a great choice if you are looking for a king or queen size latex pillow. It promises excellent support for the body and won’;t flatten as time passes by.
This latex pillow uses 100% organic latex that comes with superb antimicrobial qualities that ensure it won’;t trigger allergic reactions. It also does not develop any odd scents the longer it is used and causes mildew to develop.
The design of this pillow promotes proper spinal alignment and a good night's sleep. Its construction also guarantees its durability and will retain its shape without flattening. It also bounces back to its original form after you raise your head from the pillow.
Every purchase of eLuxurySupply Beautyrest latex pillow comes with a removable bamboo velour cover. The cover can be cleaned easily and feels luxurious and soft to touch. If users are not happy with their Beautyrest latex pillow, the company offers a 100% money-back guarantee. Customer service is also available if there are any problems with the product.
- It has a consistent loft, no matter where you lie down in the pillow
- It has the right height that side sleepers would love to use
- The pillow returns back to shape regardless of the amount of pressure applied
- It feels luxurious to touch or feels like a luxury duck down
- It is very affordable despite it being a natural latex pillow
- It can be too high for some users such as stomach sleepers and may cause discomfort or pain
- Some users say it has a very strong chemical smell
10. UUQ Latex Foam Pillow for Neck Pain
To cap off our list of the best latex pillow choices in the market, we have the UUQ Latex Foam. Promising to be the most luxurious latex pillow available today, this premium cushion will provide excellent sleep every time.
UUQ claims that their latex pillows are made from high quality 100% organic latex. It utilizes the Talalay process to ensure that it is more consistent and durable than other latex pillows in the market.
Thanks to its durable material, it bounces back easily to its original form and guarantees that you'll get the right support you need. The lower part of the pillow works well for back sleepers, while those with larger frames and side sleepers will sleep perfectly in the higher part of this pillow.
On top of these, it has a medium firmness that reduces pressure in the body and provide the right amount of support. The unique design also ascertains that it is breathable to keep you cool even at night. Unlike other brands, every UUQ latex pillow comes with a lifetime warranty and 100% refund for people who are unsatisfied with their purchase.
- It offers excellent support even if it is very squishy to touch
- Some say it is larger than advertised but still offers the right amount of support
- The pillow’;s design offers perfect cervical support
- Pillow is made from high quality latex which springs back to shape
- Comes with a lifetime warranty which is not available in other pillows
- Some users report that is very hard
- It cannot be adjusted to provide the perfect fit
What is a Latex Pillow?
A latex pillow is made from a natural foam developed from the sap of a special type of rubber tree known as Hevea-Brasiliensis. The foam has a soft texture but is extremely durable, making it the best pillow for many who don’;t want to keep replacing their head cushions.
Latex pillows are also ideal for people looking for sufficient support for their head, neck, and shoulders without compromising comfort. It is also hypoallergenic and antifungal, highly recommended for those with allergies. Many also love this latex pillow because it dissipates heat and water faster during the summer months.
Available Sizes of Latex Pillows
Like standard cushions, latex pillows are available in four different sizes. Each size works perfectly for certain users and they also have other benefits.
Here are the sizes that you can choose from when buying latex pillows:
- Standard latex pillows are the most common sizes available in the market. They are compact and very affordable to buy.
- Queen latex pillows are two inches longer than standard ones. If you are one of those combination sleepers who regularly toss and turn at night, this is the pillow for you.
- King size latex pillows are ten inches longer than the smallest size. Sleepers who tend to shift a lot at night would love this pillow, and it also offers great support if you use it as a headrest or backrest.
- Latex body pillows are wider and taller than the other three sizes and perfect for snuggling.
Benefits of Latex Pillows
Latex pillows are very popular nowadays because of their health benefits and easy maintenance. Listed below are some known major benefits of latex pillows:
- Relieves Pain
Latex acts like memory foam as it can mold itself to comfortably accommodate the user's form. Thanks to this characteristic, it can help the body realign the spine naturally and relieve pain in those pressure points.
- Provides Head and Neck Support
Because of its contouring feature, it can adjust to your upper body movements and give it enough support as you sleep.
Latex is made from high-quality rubber sap that is known to retain its form throughout the years.
- Heat Dissipates Faster
Many people love latex pillows because they can dispel heat and water faster than memory foam. As a result, it becomes cool easily during summer nights and won’;t disrupt your sleep.
If you are the type of person who moves around at night and wakes up in the slightest sound, you won’;t have a problem with this pillow because it does not produce any noise even when poked or pushed around.
Latex pillows won’;t need to be fluffed and machine washed.
What Type of Sleepers Is a Latex Pillow Good For?
Latex pillows fit perfectly for the following sleepers:
- Side sleepers and those who need neck, shoulder, back, and hip support as they sleep.
- Back sleepers and those who weigh more than 130 pounds. When they use latex pillows, these will provide them with the right support.
- People who sleep in a hot room or require a pillow that cools down faster. Latex pillows have great heat and water dissipation qualities that ensure they stay cool and allow the users an uninterrupted sleep.
- Sleepers who often experience pressure and pain in their upper body as they sleep.
You should not get a latex pillow if you are one of the following:
- Stomach sleepers won’;t love using this because latex pillows can be pretty dense. As your head turns, it can cause pain in your neck and head.
- People with latex allergies should avoid this unless they purchase synthetic latex. Synthetic latex pillows also have the same qualities as natural latex, but they are made from different materials.
- People who cannot stand certain smells as both natural and synthetic latex pillows can produce certain odor depending on how they were created. Chemicals may be used for synthetic latex pillows.
Latex vs. Memory Foam
Latex pillows are often mistaken for memory foam pillows because they can conform to a person’;s head and neck. But, they are actually different when it comes to their characteristics and price.
- Latex foams respond quickly to pressure and support the neck easily. However, it does not sink that deep to provide a secured support. On the other hand, memory foams do not respond immediately to pressure and slowly conforms to the head and neck.
- Memory foam pillows are available in two different densities which affect their capacity to handle pressure. Latex pillows are able to provide pressure assistance and are made from durable materials.
- Memory foam pillows can become hot the longer your head rests on them. As a result, it can get uncomfortable and may affect sleep quality. Whereas, latex pillows can disperse heat easily and keep the user’;s head cooler even in hotter temperatures.
- Latex pillows are more durable than memory foam pillows even with minimum maintenance. Users can replace their latex pillows after three years or more.
- Memory foam pillows are cheaper since it uses synthetic components. Latex pillows can be expensive depending on the type of latex material used and the pillow size you selected.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Latex Pillow
Like other types of pillows, each latex foam option offered by various manufacturers differs greatly, depending on its features. So, how can you pick the best latex pillow when all of them sound like they fit your requirements?
Here are the things that you should examine first to guarantee a great sleeping experience with your new set of latex pillows:
When checking the material used in latex pillows, you would notice the terms Dunlop and Talalay. These two terms refer to the method the manufacturers used to produce latex for their pillows.
The Dunlop process involves molding and baking the rubber tree sap to create the latex. The foam it creates is denser around its bottom half while it is soft to lay on top.
On the contrary, a Talalay latex pillow is less dense because air is added to the latex mold as it is made. As a result, it has a consistent form no matter which part you lay your head on.
Aside from how it is made, this kind does come in both natural and synthetic latex variants. Those made from natural latex rubber zap are perfect for people who are allergic to synthetic rubber and these are also antibacterial. Also, a synthetic latex pillow is cheaper than a natural one because it uses man-made latex. Although it is cheap, it is not very durable.
The size of a pillow is important if you are looking for one that provides perfect support. When picking a latex pillow, consider how long and thick it is and see if it works with your sleep position. The loft will let you know how much assistance it will give to your upper body.
If you want a pillow that works even in hot climates or you tend to sleep hot, it is recommended that you get a shredded latex pillow. A shredded latex pillow is more breathable than its regular counterpart and dispels heat and moisture faster throughout the night.
For people who prefer softer pillows, it is ideal to get Talalay latex pillows. If you want something that is firm, you should get a Dunlop latex pillow. It is important to take note that firmer latex pillows will be perfect for sleepers who need better support for their head, neck, and back.
The higher the loft value a pillow has, the heavier the pillow will be. Although latex pillows can be heavy, they do not move around too much and are less likely to make any noise.
A synthetic latex pillow has the same price range as a memory foam pillow and they start from $40. Meanwhile, natural latex pillows are more expensive and can start at around $80, depending on the brand.
- Warranty and Refund Policy
Since you are investing in the best latex pillow for your needs, you have to make sure it also comes with guarantees in case it fails to work for you. For latex pillows, they must have at least a three-year warranty and return/refund policy available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I still get allergic reactions with my latex pillow?
The best latex pillows - no matter what material is used for them - are hypoallergenic. But, if you are allergic to latex products, you may get an allergic reaction with these cushions, too. Some latex pillows may also come with certain smells which can trigger allergies. However, if you still want to purchase this type of pillow but you have a latex allergy, you can check out synthetic latex.
- Why is my latex pillow slightly deformed?
Your latex pillow may look deformed if you fold or store them incorrectly. Leave your pillow in your bed after use and don’;t cram or fold it if you intend to store the same in the closet.
- Do I have to wash my latex pillows?
Latex pillows can be cleaned whether you have a natural or synthetic latex pillow, especially if there are stains or spills in them. Latex pillows are not machine-washable, but their removable covers are. These covers must be washed regularly to ensure that your pillow is clean.
Meanwhile, the pillow itself must be spot clean every once in a while. Natural latex pillows, in particular, must be spot cleaned every two or three months. If you tried cleaning your pillows in your washing machine, it will get deformed and may reduce their quality.
- When should I replace my latex pillow?
Since they are pretty durable and expensive, you won’;t need to replace your latex pillows every year. But, after two to four years, it is recommended to get a replacement so you can get the support you need. You will know it is time to replace your latex pillow if you start waking up with body pains, especially in your neck. Plus, it no longer returns back to its original size.
Buying the wrong type of pillow can affect the quality of your sleep, particularly during the summer months. It can also affect your physical health because it may not have the right amount of support for your head and neck. With our list of the best latex pillows you can buy, you will definitely sleep like a baby and feel great in the morning.
If you are having sleeping problems because of your pillow, don’;t wait any longer. Check our guide to help you learn more about latex pillows and buy the right one for you.