While it is an indispensable piece of furniture in the living room, a sofa can also serve as an extra sleeping space either for a member of the household or a surprise guest. Most sofas, nowadays, are made of cloth or similar materials.
Leather sleeper sofa, however, offers additional comfort and is guaranteed for its superior durability. The best leather sleeper sofas does not only offer the benefits mentioned above but also adds a touch of elegance, aesthetics, and sophistication in the living room.
There is something about authentic and high-quality leather that makes everything it is covered with stand out and exude a vibe of luxury. A leather sleeper sofa is both perfect for a dedicated guest room or as an integral addition in your living room. With leather as the primary material, you do not have to worry not only of the looks of your living room but also of damage as leather is proven to be among the best materials for sofa. This guide will help you choose the good leather sleeper sofa.
Top 10 Best Leather Sleeper Sofas Reviews
1. DHP Emily Futon Sofa Bed
If your place has limited space, as with a condo unit or a small apartment, then a futon or a sofa that converts to a sleeper sofa is best for you. Fortunately for you, the Dorel Home Products (DHP) has been in the business of creating affordable, space-saving, and elegant-looking futons for more than 25 years now.
When it comes to home products, a company that sustains customer satisfaction will last longer. A quarter-of-a-century existence in the business is a testament to how dedicated they are with their craft and how they are able to survive by providing clients with satisfactory sleeper sofas.
At 71 inches long, the DHP Emily Futon Sofa Bed can provide a comfortable sleep for most of your guests. While the backrest is up, the sitting space is at 34 inches. When converted to a sleeper sofa, it can provide a maximum of 66 inches wide sleeping space.
Moreover, while DHP Emily Futon Sofa easily and conveniently turns from couch to bed in an instant, it is also easy to assemble, as well. While it is surprisingly light, the sofa is built with materials to last. For one, the legs are made with chromium and are engineered to be slanted perfectly for maximum support and durability.
- Converts from couch to sleeper sofa easily and conveniently
- Assembles easily and fast without a need for tools
- Durable and relatively lightweight compared to similar products
- Long and wide making it ideal both for sitting and sleeping
- Cheaper than most similar products
- Faux leather; if you’;re into genuine ones you might need to replace the upholstery for a higher price
- The leather version comes in black color; Emily Futon Sofa has other color variants but is not made of leather or faux leather
2. FDW Sectional Futon Sofa Bed
If you have a larger space, and you are into larger futons with wood frames and highly-durable material, then the FDW Sofa is for you. The quality of the build and the material, however, comes at a price.
FDW Sofas boast of solid wood that is stronger and more durable than the usual pine wood used for other sofas. In addition, the cushioning sponges inside are guaranteed to be elastic enough to last long. The characteristic elasticity of the sponges also makes sitting and sleeper a lot more comfortable.
FDW Sofa also uses polyurethane faux leather. This makes it both water and dirt proof thus cleaning is a breeze. Aside from transforming into a sofa bed, the headrest of FDW Sofa is also highly adjustable thus allowing one to select the best headrest position for maximum comfort. You can adjust the headrest for various purposes, as well, like watching television.
The sofa comes with movable chairs that you can reposition to suit your space and your needs. By repositioning the same chairs, you can convert the sofa into a sleeper sofa.
FDW sofa comes with tools that you could use to assemble it. It does not need experts to assemble; it takes at most 15 minutes to finish the assembly.
- Made of hardwood (harder than pine wood)
- Durable and water- and dirt-resistant leather making it easy to clean and maintain
- Adjustable headrest for maximum comfort
- Elastic, comfortable, and durable cushioning sponges
- Easily transforms into a sleeper sofa in less than 5 seconds
- Assembles in less than 15 minutes with the provided tools
- Large and heavy
- Faux leather material
3. Divano Roma Furniture Modern Tufted Leather Sleeper Sofa
Nowadays, most furniture designs are modern-inspired with the idea of space-saving in mind. However, if you are looking for one that has a classic mid-century design to go with your interiors, then the Divano Roma Furniture Sleeper Sofa is perfect for you. For one, not only is the leather used authentic, it is also carefully selected and is bonded strongly rendering it resilient against tears and rips. It features nailhead trim and tufted design to create an image of traditional sophistication.
Divano Roma Furniture Sleeper Sofa comes in two colors: white and black. The sofa is 78 inches long enough to accommodate even the tallest of your surprise guests. It is 35 inches wide and the seat is 32 inches high. but when fully reclined, it becomes 43 inches wide enough to provide a comfortable sleep.
Overall, this sofa is a beautiful piece of furniture worthy of being included in any living room. The classical design allows it to fit almost any interior and it uses a genuine, attractive and strongly bonded leather. In addition, it is designed to withstand use for extended period.
- Has a beautiful classical design fit for any interior
- Genuine leather that comes in either black or white
- Strongly bonded leather making it extra durable
- Long; probably among the longest sofas out there. Perfect for tall people.
- Wide sleeping space at 43 inches
- Compared to other sofas with similar dimensions, this one is cheaper.
- The wood used is not hardwood
- Users report difficulty in transforming from sofa to sleeper sofa
4. BestMassage Corner Sofas Sets for Living Room
Why would a manufacturer name their couch with the word massage into it? Simple: because it is so comfortable, you could relax as if you just had a massage.
The Best Massage sleeper sofa is made by the same company that did the FDW sofa thus they share some features. For one, it also sports of a stain- and dirt-proof faux polyurethane leather. You could spill anything on it: juice, coffee or smoothie and not fear about stains. It is also easy to clean. With just one simple wipe, any dirt or spilled liquid is immediately dealt with.
The Best Massage is also a sectional couch. It comes with smaller chairs that you can mix, match and reposition to fit your living space. Simply move the included smaller seats to the side of the longer sofa and you have a wide sleeper sofa. The frames are made of hardwood thus you are assured of durability. Moreover, the cushioning sponge is made extra plush to give you the comfort the sofa name promises.
The sofa is easy to assemble it only takes more or less 15 minutes to assemble the parts which include the 4 legs and 2 hooks. The set also comes with a removable dense foam cushion that matches the sofa well.
- Made of hardwood; durable
- Has polyurethane dirt- and stain-free faux leather
- Easy to assemble; it only takes 15 minutes, give or take to attach the 4 legs and 2 hooks
- Comes with 2 extra accent pillows with dense cushions
- Adjustable headrest
- The sponge is resilient and comfortable
- Heavy and might need at least two people to assemble
- The cushion can be a bit uncomfortable with extended use
5. Signature Sleep Casey Faux Leather Sleeper Sofa
Most of the sleeper sofa featured in this article are chosen mainly for their design, price, comfort, and ability to transform from sofa to sleeper sofa. The Signature Sleep is probably a cut above the rest because it’;s one of the few whose primary goal is to provide utmost comfort in sleep.
As a testament to their dedication to providing one of, if not the, most comfortable sleeper sofa, Signature Sleep is made available in three sizes, Twin, Double, and Queen sizes. This is almost reminiscent of beds.
The Signature Sleep sofa has a thick cushion made of memory foam one of the most comfortable materials used for beds and chairs on the planet. Also, the sofa transforms into not a sleeper sofa but a bed making the signature sleep one of the most comfortable sleeper sofas there is.
The sofa features a compact and modern design perfect for limited space and for any interior. The sofa measures 70 inches long but the pull-out mattress measures 72 inches long and 53 inches wide. It also has memory foam that contours to the shape of the body to give a perfectly comfortable night’s sleep. Furthermore, the seats have coil seat cushions that further enhance sitting comfort.
The sofa comes in one box and can be assembled easily. This sofa is the best for people who like to provide utmost comfort for sleeping guests.
- Has memory foam and coil seat cushions making it one of the most comfortable sofas
- Unique design that transforms into a full sleeping bed
- Long and wide; the sofa is 70 inches long; bed is 72 inches long and 53 inches wide
- Compact and durable design; perfect for limited space
- Easy to assemble
- Comes in two colors: black and grey
- Faux leather
- It is comfortable when transformed into a bed but not as comfortable as a sofa
6. Poundex Bobkona Nathan Faux Leather SECTIONAL Sofa
Poundex is among the longest of the best sectional sleeper sofa at 99 inches. Not only can it accommodate the entire family sitting, but it can also serve as a good place to sleep with its pop-up and pull-out bed at 64 inches wide perfect for two people sleeping. With its length, you do not even have to worry where to let your tallest guest sleep. In addition, the backrest has three loose back pillows that you could use for sleeping.
Furthermore, poundex sports a traditional modern style that fits in any living room. The design coupled with the material used makes it durable and allows it to withstand use for extended period.
Poundex can easily be assembled in no less than 20 minutes. All the tools needed are included in the package but you might need some power drills as some are not shipped with pre-drilled holes. However, it uses faux leather that is not durable enough thus expect some occasional tearing.
- It is long at 99 inches. It can accommodate tall people.
- Wide enough for two people to sleep in (64 inches).
- Traditional modern style makes it perfect for any interior
- It has soft back pillows that can be pulled out and used as regular pillows for sleeping.
- Pop-up and pull-out bed; can be transformed into a comfortable bed not just some sleeper sofa
- It requires at least two people to assemble as some parts are quite big and heavy.
- Uses faux leather and can have occasional tears and scratches.
7. Homelegance Convertible Tufted Sofa Bed
Having been in the business for more than 30 years, Homelegance prides themselves of the quality and the durability of their product. The Homelegance Convertible Tufted Sofa Bed is a testament to that.
The frame is built of hardwood which ensures the durability of the chair as well as its ability to carry large weight for a sustained period. The upholstery is dark brown faux leather a signature color of the company with baseball stitching thus ensuring that the leather is well bound. The sofa-bed is also soft enough to adjust to any position and motion.
To convert this into a bed, one simply needs to recline the seat back allowing for a 66-inches wide bed. The bed is 82.5 inches long, as well long enough even for tall guests. The seatback has a hidden pair of support legs for added support.
The sofa-bed is large and could fit any living room. Leather has the ability to blend into any design. One drawback of this sofa-bed, though, is that, since it is made of hardwood, expect that this is a bit heavy to move around. Although assembly is a bit easy and straightforward, moving around the heavy parts could prove challenging.
- Made of hardwood thus the frames are impressively durable
- Leather upholstery uses baseball stitching for additional durability
- Converts to a long bed (82.5 inches) fit for two people (66 inches wide)
- Leather upholstery is an attractive dark brown that goes well with any design
- Has cup holders on both side arms a feature rarely seen in a sofa
- Bulky and heavy
- Uses faux leather
8. Emerald Home Slumber Black Sleeper Sofa
The Emerald Home Slumber Sleeper Sofa is good for four things: design, comfort, functionality, and durability. With three colors and three sizes to choose from, selecting one that goes well with the interior is easy. Depending on the available space in your living room, you could select from among the three sizes: Twin, Full and Queen.
Transforming and setting up the sleeper sofa is straightforward, as well. All you need to do is to pull out the bed from the seat and attach the legs.
The most interesting feature of the Emerald Home Slumber Sleeper Sofa is the 4-inch gel foam mattress. This makes it one of the most comfortable sofas and beds to sit and sleep in. The design of the sofa is also based on a bed; it has a sleeper frame that goes well with the gel foam making sleeping a worthwhile experience.
The design of the couch and the material used makes cleaning and maintaining it fast, simple and easy, too.
- The sofa has 4-inch gel foam mattress ensuring comfortable sleep for you, your family or your guests.
- Comes in three sizes: Twin, Full and Queen thus you can select the best one based on the available space and your needs.
- Easy to setup and assemble.
- Engineered for easy care and maintenance.
- Durable and attractive
- Perfect for a limited space
- Comfortable trampoline deck makes sleeping more comfortable
- The upholstery uses faux leather. If you are into genuine leather, you might need to spend an additional amount to replace the upholstery.
- Small sitting area
9. Ashley Banner Traditional Coffee Faux Leather Sleeper Sofa
The Ashley Banner Traditional Sleeper comes with a stylish and attractive coffee shade that looks elegant either as a bed or a sofa. The pull-up bed comes with white sheets that go well with the coffee shade. Its design and size make it perfect for any space.
For durability and comfort, it has supportive coil cushions. In addition, the sitting area is wrapped with genuine leather. The armrest and the back are covered with matching faux leather. It also has an easy-to-lift memory foam mattress that can be unfolded from the seats. Memory foam is among the most comfortable of the foams for beds. Its ability to adjust to the shape of the body eliminates some known discomforts of sleeping. The mattress is designed to allow a better airflow for a comfortable and cool sleep. The bed measures 99 inches long and 39 inches wide.
The sofa ships directly from the manufacturer thus one is assured of the quality of the product. Although assembly is easy with the provided guide, you’;d need to purchase an 8mm hex head socket since it is not provided.
- Elegant and attractive. The upholstery is a rich coffee-colored faux leather that has a beautiful textured designed.
- The sitting area is equipped with coil cushions for support and comfort.
- Has memory foam mattress making it very comfortable to sleep in.
- Can fit into limited spaces
- Easy to clean
- Great value for the price
- Faux leather on side and back
- Durability issues on the upholstery
10. ACME Lloyd Black Faux Leather Sectional Sofa
What attractive about the ACME Lloyd Black Sectional Sofa is that not only are the sectional chairs movable (which could serve other purposes other than being assembled into a bed) but each section has storage spaces. This makes the sectional chairs hollow inside thus they are lightweight and easy to move around.
The simplistic design also blends in with any interior. The polyurethane leather used for the upholstery comes in a dark brown shade that is attractive enough to be mistaken as a genuine leather from a far. This sofa converts into a full-size bed making it ideal for surprise guests.
- The simplistic design makes it blend with any interior design
- Hollow sectional chairs with storage
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Transforms into a full-size bed
- Limited seat space
- Faux leather instead of a genuine one
Advantages of Leather Sleeper Sofas
With all the materials used for the upholstery of sleeper sofas, leather is the best. For one, it is eco-friendly. It is a natural material that does not require lots of treatments and degrades over time.
Here are some of the reasons to choose leather sleeper sofas over its linen and cloth counterparts:
There is something about leather that makes it exude elegance. Not only will a leather sleeper sofa be a convenient place to sit and sleep in, but it also serves as a valuable decorative furniture in the living room. Although sofa design is important as this determines durability of the sofa and the comfort one could feel when sitting on it, any design, when wrapped in leather upholstery immediately becomes elegant, luxurious, and beautiful. On top of that, leather can be textured and can be dyed with various shades.
Leather is both timely and stylish. In designing your interior, you could not go wrong with leather. It matches well with any color and material and compliments any interior design.
Unlike most materials, leather is not fibrous or that it does not have fibers that could be irritating. They are pliable and soft thus adding a sense of comfort either when sitting on it or sleeping. Even faux leather, which is a combination of polyurethane, polyester, and vinyl, offers a comfortable experience than most cloth-based upholstery.
Leather breathes. That is, leather allows airflow thus making it a comfortable material for a bed.
Leather is also less likely to cause an allergic reaction since it is a natural material akin to the human skin. Most people who have an allergy to synthetic fibers might appreciate leather as a substitute.
- Easy to Clean
Leather is naturally resistant to water, dirt, and fluids. Unlike cloth which absorbs fluid and catches dirt on its fiber, rubber is easy to clean. All you need to do is to get a piece of cloth, wet it with a cleaning agent or with water and wipe the surface of the leather with it. Because it cannot be penetrated by fluids, you do not need to remove, clean, and dry the cushion inside thus extending the lifespan of your sofa.
Compared to linen or cloth upholstery, a leather one will last longer. One reason is since it does not absorb fluid, it is more likely resistant to damage. The absorbed fluid also encourages fungal growth and weakens linen or cloth overtime. Also, leather is naturally supple and flexible thus adjusting to the shape and weight of the body. It has characteristic durability that allows withstanding damage thus making it perfect for sofas and beds.
Moreover, leather is resistant to fire, dry abrasion, and fluid. You can spill your shakes, sodas or even acids and it would not hurt the leather one bit. Leather is also resistant to mites, dust, and fungal attack.
- Leather Smells Good
If you are observant enough, you might have noticed that leather has a characteristic smell. Scents evoke memory and the smell of the leather on your sofa will be associated with memories with it like your recent family bonding or your friends’; sleepover.
Since it does not absorb fluids, most unpleasant smells do not stick to it. By simply wiping it with a cleaning agent or with water, the smell is removed and the original smell of leather is restored.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to make a leather sleeper sofa comfortable?
Nowadays, with the advent of new materials, sofas and beds are relatively comfortable. You can make them more comfortable, however by checking the design and the materials used. For one, check the sofa first. Transform it into a bed and test. A bar that can be felt at the back when sleeping is a red flag.
For the sponge or cushion, the most comfortable is the memory foam. You either make sure that you buy a sleeper sofa with memory foam as the cushion or you replace your existing cushion with one.
- Can I use the sleeper sofa every day?
Some sleeper sofas can withstand daily use others cannot. Futons are generally lightweight and not as durable as other sleeper sofas thus you need to use them as bed occasionally like when you have guests. Sleepers with bar-and-canvas are more durable than futons but not durable enough for everyday use. You can use them 2-3 times a week. If you plan on sleeping on your couch more frequently, then you need to select premium sleepers. Sleepers generally transform into a full bed, have thicker cushions and durable legs.
- How much does a sleeper sofa weight?
It depends on the design. Sleeper sofas that have sections can be lightweight especially those that are hollow inside (as in the case of those with storage). In addition, because the sections are not attached to the body, you can carry them individually thus making the entire sofa less heavy than expected.
You need to consider the material used, as well. Sofas made of softwood are the lightest followed by metal. Hardwood is the heaviest of the materials. It may make your bed durable but at the cost of its weight.
- What is the best sleeper sofa?
Even with predetermined standards, the best sleeper sofa always depends on the preferences of the person using it. Some common aspects to consider, however, are the cushion (Is it soft? Can it support your weight?), the design (Is it beautiful? Does it go well with your interior), the material (It is durable? Is it comfortable?) and the price (is the price justified by the quality of the product?)
In selecting the best rated leather sleeper sofas, one needs to consider several things. This includes the available space, price, durability, material, and design. For the price and quality, the best in this list are the FWD Sofa and the Massage Sofa. Both are manufactured by the same company and has all the best features for sofa and bed. If you are looking for the most comfortable bed, however, then the signature sleep, with its design and use of memory foam, is the best. In the end, the best leather sleeper sofas depends on your specific needs.