Cooler, lighter, and with just the right amount of plushness. That’s a perfect recipe for a deep slumber. And that’s what you will experience when you sleep with a feather pillow. Especially when the pillows are a combination of both down and feathers.
Sleeping with feather pillows is like taking a slumber on clouds. These lush pillows hug your body in the right places. And it provides extreme comfort and support. The downside is, feathers can poke out of these pillows. And once that happens, the pillow loses its plushness and soft feel. But that won’;t happen if you buy the best feather pillows!
After long hours of product research, we were finally able to put together this list of the 10 best feather pillow brands that can give you a sweet slumber. And you’;ll enjoy it for a very long time too. Keep scrolling to see our top picks.
Top 10 Best Feather Pillows Reviews
1. puredown Natural Goose Down Feather Pillows
If you want your head to sink into the pillows at an agreeable level, then the Puredown natural goose feather pillow is for you. This plush feather and down pillow is very comfortable and fluffy. It feels like you’;re sleeping on clouds throughout the night. But it provides ample support for your neck at the same time too.
The pillow cover is made of soft cotton and it’;s quite thick too. The high-quality cotton cover is there to make sure that no feathers will poke out. And the high-quality diamond laced quilting adds a luxurious touch to these pillows.
Also, this high-quality goose feather and down pillow has a very breathable material. It keeps you cool during your sleep. And it’;s perfect for the summer season. You could still get a cool restful slumber in the warmer season. So this feather-filled pillow keeps you comfortable all year round. And if you’;re looking for the best down pillows with moderate support, this is perfect for you.
- Made of 95 % grey goose feathers and 5 % grey goose down
- Has a box stitch design to keep the inner fitting in place
- The double diamond stitch and self-piping design also makes the pillow look luxurious and classy
- Wrapped in a 100 % cotton shell with 233 thread count to prevent feathers from poking out
- Bears the OXIPOWER and TWICE AS NICE certification. Thus, has a lesser carbon footprint
- The manufacturing of the pillows follows the Responsible Down Standard, and strictly adhered to the humane treatment of animals
- This feather pillow offers medium support for the neck
- Has an affordable price for a feather and down pillow
- The high-quality cotton cover protects it from wear and also ensures no feathers will escape.
- Ultra-soft and plush
- Environmental friendly
- Hypoallergenic down pillow
- Comfortable for all sleep positions
- Excellent support level
- Has a high thread count
- Has a bad smell upon opening of the package
- Can compress easily for some people
- Lacks flexibility compared to other feather pillows
2. JA COMFORTS Duck Feather and Down Bed Pillows
If you’;re a back sleeper, you’;ll find extreme comfort in the JA Comfort duck and down feather pillow. Featuring adequate fill power, this duck down pillow has the proper ratio of softness and firmness. This ensures pressure relief and comfort. And at the same time, this duck down pillow gives your body the needed structure for support. This down pillow can provide good support for your neck and back.
It could be the best feather and duck down pillow for side sleepers too. Pillows that are too soft and squishy can hurt your shoulders, neck, and back. This duck down pillow offers a decent level of firmness and support, thus, a side sleeper can experience a blissful slumber.
This down pillow has adequate fill power, not too soft nor too firm. It’;s cushiony enough to provide pressure relief without losing the support for the head and neck. Also, the outer material feels luxurious. Made with 100 percent cotton, it’;s quite breathable and cool to the touch. Some feather pillows may feel sticky and can be irritating to the skin but this brand lends a velvety smooth and soft feel, thanks to its high-quality cotton shell.
- Made of 95 % grey duck feather and 5 % grey duck down
- Consists of 4-fabric layer technology with the first two layers are made of cotton while the last two layers are polyester material
- Equipped with a double line technology that prevents feathers from escaping
- The pillow cover is made of 100 % cotton
- Features an irritant-free cotton cover
- Machine washable and dryer friendly so it can be washed and dried as needed
- Offers a 90-day sleep trial period and has a three year warranty
- Available in two sizes ( small and queen-size)
- All feathers went through rigid sanitation and cleaning processes
- The duck down pillow can puff up even without pressure
- Can support almost all sleep positions
- Has a breathable design
- Affordable price for a comfortable feather-filled pillow
- Mites and dust resistant
- The pillows are on the flatter side and can flatten out with too much pressure.
- It can create noise when pressed
3. Continental Bedding 100% Premium White Goose Down Pillow
If you fancy sleeping in a posh hotel with an ultra-soft and comfortable pillow, this premium goose down pillow is suited for you. Featuring a 550 fill power, it’;s soft without feeling too squishy. And at the same time, it provides ultimate support for your neck and head. It’s also a perfect down pillow choice for side sleepers or back sleepers.
And if you love pillows that comes with firmness level options, this premium product could be the best down pillows for you. You can choose between two types of cushion- firm or soft. And both high-quality down pillows have perfect support that encourages proper spine alignment. So you wake up each day feeling refreshed and without any neck pain.
- This particular down pillow can be purchased in single or pairs
- Suitable for a side sleeper or back sleepers
- Available in three sizes (standard, queen, and king)
- You have an option between a firm or a soft pillow
- Comes with a 100% Egyptian cotton cover that has a 233 thread count
- Made of a highly breathable fabric that’s cool to the touch on hot days and gets warm in the cold season
- Light and weighs only 27 ounces
- Made in the USA
- Filled with 29 ounces of white goose down and 550 fill power
- Made from premium and high-grade materials
- Very durable down pillows
- Machine washable and can be washed and dried regularly
- Can retain its shape for a long time
- Feels soft and smooth
- Down pillow can withstand frequent fluffing
- Low maintenance
- Doesn’t break down easily
- Down pillow maintains its softness and fluffiness even with daily use
- The high price point can eat a chunk of your budget
- Lacks flexibility compared to other down pillows
- Some people find that this down pillow compresses easily
4. WENERSI Premium Goose Down Pillows
These are soft down pillows that can look good as new even with prolonged use. These down pillows are very comfortable and cushioned but don’t feel like they have a ton of air inside. In addition, it is quite easy to re-fluff this plush down pillow set whenever needed. This product can also provide adequate support for your neck and back. So side sleepers or back sleepers wouldn’;t wake up in the morning with a stiff neck with this great down pillow set. The pillow cover is made of high grade, thick yet cooling material. It prevents the feathers from poking your skin.
The 32-ounce fill is just enough, it doesn’t feel lacking nor is it overstuffed. This makes the down pillow quite flexible. So you can bunch them up in any direction that you want. And it will still retain its shape afterward. Also, this down pillow provides the perfect balance of softness and firmness. If you want to enjoy the best of both worlds, then this set of two pillows is perfect for you.
- Filled with 85 % goose feathers and 15 % goose down blended
- Available in two sizes (queen or king sizes)
- You can choose between firmness options – soft and firm
- Each feather pillow is customized and handmade
- The pillow cover is made of 100 % cotton and has a brand exclusive double-stitched silver piped edging
- Available in sets of two
- Can be firmer than other down pillows due to the 32-ounce fill
- Has a breathable fabric that allows for more air circulation
- Boasts of a double-layered fabric design
- The down pillow shell has antimicrobial properties and also mold and mite resistant
- A flexible pillow that can retain its shape even with prolonged use
- Hypoallergenic and chemical-free
- Does not have any funky smell
- It’s ultra-soft without feeling too overstuffed
- Has an ideal height
- Affordable price for its quality
- It’s high maintenance and needs professional dry cleaning
- The pillow cover is a bit noisy
- Might not be the best option for those who use a combination of standard, queen, and king-sized pillows on their beds.
5. downluxe Goose Feather Down Pillow
If you’;re fond of sleeping in five-star hotels, you can make your own haven of comfort and medium firm support with these pillows. The Downluxe goose down feather pillows can lull you to sweet slumber with their soft plushness. The Jacquard cotton pillow shell, with a 300 thread count, also adds to the premium feel.
Some brands will just claim that their down pillow is hypoallergenic. This is where this pillow set stands out from the rest. The two pillows in this set each have a Jacquard cotton shell that was tested by doctors. It’s one of those hypoallergenic pillows that have the sign of approval of a registered doctor.
So you’re sure that it’s really not irritating on the skin. This adds to your confidence in the product. Apart from the doctor-approved fabric, the highly breathable material feels cool and nice on the skin. All in all, this set of two could be the best luxury down pillow set for your needs.
- This down pillow comes in sets of two pillows
- Filled with 90 % goose feathers and 10 % goose down
- Available in two sizes (queen and king sizes)
- Double layered Jacquard cotton pillow shell with 300 thread count
- Features a double stitched piped seams that keep the feathers from popping out
- The decorative seams add a luxurious and posh touch to this already high-end pillow set
- Supports 30-day return
- Perfect for those with allergies as it’;s hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- It provides medium firm support
- Has a comfortable height of 20 inches
- This plush and luxurious pillow is made from sustainable materials and comes with a lesser carbon footprint
- Fluffs up fast after opening it from the vacuum seal
- Cradles the neck and head to provide optimal support
- The two pillows in this down pillow set are cool to the touch
- Malleable and can be shaped to suit different sleeping styles
- Machine washable and tumble dry friendly
- This set of two plush pillows is quite expensive
- This feather pillow can go flat over time
6. L LOVSOUL White Goose Down and Feather Bed Pillows
Weighing around 2 lbs, L LOVSOUL is a full stuffed goose down and feather pillow. It can fluff up to quite a large volume, so this pillow has a nice firmness to it. It can comfortably cradle your spine and neck in almost any sleeping position.
L LOVSOUL boasts of a unique three-chamber system. The inner and outer chambers make this pillow ultra-comfortable with the right amount of firmness for a good night’;s sleep. The first chamber comprises 100% goose down, and the two inner chambers contain 90 % goose feather and 10 % goose down.
This luxurious pillow’s outer shell has a 1000 thread count, perhaps one of the highest in the market. That’s why this down pillow gives you that firm yet soft cuddly, and cool feeling. It’;s what sweet dreams are made of.
- Made of 100 % Egyptian cotton
- Comes with an elegant and quilted cotton cover
- Has a unique three-chamber technology that makes the pillow comfortable and luxurious
- Wrapped in a thick pillow cover that prevents feathers from escaping or poking your skin.
- The blend of feathers offer maximum support for your neck and head
- Stitched with elegant gray piping around the edges
- Double-stitched for more durability
- Boasts of 1000 thread count
- Cool and breathable material to help regulate body temperature
- May function even better than a memory foam
- It offers a 30-day guarantee
- It’s not mushy and had nice firmness to it so your head won’;t sink into the pillow
- The pillow has a cuddly fluffy feel to it
- Can dramatically relieve back pain with continued use
- This pillow can be adjusted according to your needs
- Not machine washable
- Some may find it too firm
- The pillow shell may be too thick for some people
7. PALAWRAN Goose Feather Pillow King Size Bed Pillow
If you’;re looking for a softer pillow but can still provide decent support for your head and neck, the PALAWRAN goose feather pillow is perfect for you. These pillows are more of the cushiony soft side. But it still doesn’t shrink down after an overnight’;s sleep. So it can still offer decent support.
Overall, this pillow is ideal for those who don’t like pillows that are too firm. The combination of natural and microfiber materials makes this pillow very elastic. It’;s adjustable and easily conforms to the shape of your head. So it can still give that support. Unlike other soft pillows, you won’;t wake up with a stiff neck despite its plushness. In addition, the affordable price tag makes this set of two pillows an excellent option for value seekers looking for a down pillow with adequate fill power.
- Comes in packs of two
- Filled with a combination of natural goose feathers and microfiber materials
- Boasts of materials that don’t retain heat. Thus, ensuring a cool and comfortable sleep
- Has 700 fill power
- The outer shell has 1200 thread count and is made of 100 % pure Egyptian cotton
- Offers 30-day money-back guarantee
- Available in 4 sizes, including standard and king
- Boasts of moderate firmness which is perfect for side and back sleepers
- It’;s advisable to air out the pillows in proper ventilation every 6 months to keep them in their pristine condition
- It bounces back as soon as remove your head from the pillow
- Hypoallergenic materials
- Has a very affordable price point for a soft and fluffy pillow
- An ultra-soft pillow that is moldable but can still provide proper neck and head support
- This pillow retains its shape
- Comes with a 3-day warranty
- Some may find the filling lacking
- May have synthetic polyester
8. Homelike Moment Down Feather Pillows
Sleep to a sweet serenity with HOMELIKE MOMENT pillows. These medium firm pillows can provide the proper neck support so you won’t wake up with a strained neck. Also, it has a dreamy cushion that feels like you’re sleeping on clouds.
It’;s double-layered to prevent mites infestation. So all you’;ll have is a good night’;s sleep. The design also looks luxurious and is functional at the same time. The pillow comes with inner and outer chambers for added comfort. The pillows boast of a gusseted edge. It makes this down pillow luxurious, and at the same time, it also ensures that it will lift up to a decent height for optimum comfort. It also features embossed blue piping at the sides. This lends the pillow a particular charm and it looks posh too.
- Available in three sizes ( standard, queen, and king)
- Bears the OEKO TEK STANDARD so pillows are free from any harmful substances or chemicals.
- Feather materials are RDS certified
- Pillow comes with a 100 % cotton cover
- It consists of inner and outer chambers and the outer chamber has microfiber material
- 95 percent feather and 5 percent down are packed in the inner chambers
- Comes in packs of two
- Machine washable and can also be tumbled dry
- Double-stitched for elegance and durability
- Has a 500 fill power
- Doesn’;t flatten
- Doesn’;t feel crunchy
- Feathers won’;t poke your skin even if it has been used for a long time
- Also works great as a backrest
- Doesn’;t have any funky or unpleasant odor
- Not that comfortable for side sleepers
- It’;s machine washable but should be dry cleaned to retain its quality
9. AIKOFUL White Goose Down Bed Pillow
If you’re fond of velvety soft pillows, you’ll be satisfied with AIKOFUL white goose down pillows. It feels luxuriously soft without feeling overfilled. In addition, the outer pillow cover is comfortable too. It’;s soft to the skin but you wouldn’t feel any feathers poking out.
It’;s ultra-soft but it doesn’t have that plushness that fills to the brim. An advantage of that is that it can be molded to satisfy your needs. It easily molds to the shape of your neck and head, thereby providing you the needed support. And since it comes in two different loft types, you’ll find the perfect pillow for a good night’s sleep.
- Comprised of 85 % white goose feather and 15 % white goose down
- 100 % cotton pillow shell
- The outer fabric is treated with Ultra-Fresh (Ultra-Fresh has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that are often used in luxury pillows)
- Adheres to strict international standards for safety and comfort
- Features fine needle stitching
- The gray piping at the side prevents the feather fill from escaping. And at the same time lends a luxurious touch to the pillows
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Available in 2 sizes and 2 loft types
- Has a recyclable packaging
- The pillows are Bluesign Verified, so its rated safe for pets, babies, and those with allergies
- Adjustable and can conform to your body shape
- Breathable and hypoallergenic fabric
- Has protection against bacteria
- Suitable for all sleeping positions
- Can hold the loft longer
- This pillow hypoallergenic
- The queen size pillows are a bit small
- Needs to be dry cleaned
10. PEACE NEST Down Pillow Set of 2
These pillows are very plump, thicker, and look rather full on your bed. So if you love extra large pillows, then this is for you. Some users even find it too large to fit a standard pillowcase.
It has a moderate firmness. And that makes it comfortable and it’;s recommended for back and side sleepers. And they could be one of the puffiest pillows on our list. It can hold its luxurious puff even if it has been regularly tossed in the washer and dryer.
These pillows rarely go flat. So it’s perfect for those who want their pillows with a little more loft and lots of plushness.
- 100 % cotton pillow shell
- Comes in a set of two
- Available in two sizes ( queen and king size)
- Has RDS certification, which means that it has adhered to the humane standard of animal treatment
- Washer and dryer friendly
- Highly recommended for side sleepers and back sleepers
- Breathable material
- Contains 95 % goose feathers and 5 % goose down
- Features a light blue satin edging that makes the pillow look posh
- These pillows have a subtle sweet scent
- Offers 30-day manufacturer return
- With 37 ounces of fill, the down pillow has a medium-density fill giving it medium firmness
- Provides medium support
- Very plump and puffy
- Has a very reasonable price point for its quality
- Doesn’;t flatten easily
- Machine washable; feathers are intact after a couple of washes
- Re-puffs quickly
- Break-in required for optimum comfort
What is a Feather Pillow?
Feather pillows are composed of bird feathers, particularly those from the wings and back. This type of pillow contains the quill of a bird. When we say quill, this is the entire feather structure of a bird. That lends feather pillows a more rigid and flat structure.
When compared to down pillows, feather pillows are more crisp and firm. So feather pillows have a more rigid structure than down pillows. The latter being too mushy and soft. Also, a pure feather pillow tends to flatten out quicker. This is because, over time, the feathers shift and align with one another.
Available Sizes of Feather Pillows
Is it the bigger the better? Not necessarily. To get the utmost comfort, you need to get a pillow size that’s just perfect for your body and your bed too. And of course, a bigger pillow costs more than smaller options.
Most feather pillows come in standard, queen, and king sizes. However, they also come in other pillow sizes aside from the usual size options:
Standard pillows easily get sold. That’s because they’re the cheapest and they’;re the universal pillow size. This size is also the most compact. And it fits most beds of a lot of people.
- Super standard
Super standard sizes are a notch higher than the standard size. It’’˜s two inches longer than standard sizes. This also the second-best option in terms of cost and versatility.
- Queen size
Queen-size pillows are 4 inches longer than the standard size. This is perfect for those who sleep with legs sprawled all over the bed.
- King size
This is perfect for those who are looking for optimum comfort. King size pillows can line your entire headboard. They’re also perfect as a backrest and headrest. King Size pillows are 10 inches longer than standard size pillows. King size pillows also perfectly fill the width of 72-inch king-sized beds.
Body pillows hug your entire body. If you need a lot of cushion from your head, neck, shoulder up to your legs, this pillow is for you. This is perfect for those snuggle bugs.
Euro pillows are square-shaped. These pillows are often used in combination with other pillow sizes (queen, standard, and king) to create some contrast in your bedroom.
Pros of Feather Pillows
Here are some of the advantages of feather pillows:
- Soft but with decent support
Pure feather pillows can also be soft and quite comfortable. Since this pillow type has a combination of both firmness and softness, it can safely cradle the neck and head. Thus, providing enough support. That’;s why you always wake up in the morning without any neck or back pain.
And when compared to down, your head doesn’t sink into the cloud-like softness, so it’s perfect for all sleeping positions.
Another advantage of feather pillows is that they can be molded and are malleable. Since the quills can be shifted, it’s easy to mold the shape of the pillow according to your needs. Scrunching it up any way you want has been a norm when it comes to feather pillows.
- Lasts longer
Feather pillows also tend to last for the long haul. They pretty much retain their shape even if it has been in the washing machine and dryer for repeated times. So it’s pretty much a good investment for your bedroom. Also, compared to synthetic pillows, these pillows are ’’œlight as a feather.’’ Naturally, they would be since they are filled with natural bird feathers!
- Easy to care for
And lastly, most feather pillows are low maintenance. It’;s safe to pop them in the washing machine and dryer. Often, you don’;t need to have it professionally dry cleaned to maintain its quality.
Cons of Feather Pillows
Here are some cons of feather pillows. But take note that disadvantages lessen if you buy a reputable feather pillow brand.
- Needs regular re-fluffing
The quills of the feather shift over time, so pillows tend to flatten out as compared to down. So whenever the feathers align, there might be a need to shift the pillow every now and then to still get the same amount of support and comfort. Might need to do the fluffing and shifting often as your pillow gets older.
- Can make noise
With other brands, you may also experience a bit of noise. The feathers make noise when they are scrunched up and may affect your sleep quality.
- Feathers can poke through the shell
The quills are hard structures, so they can make some noise whenever you lay your head on them. And if the pillow shell is thin and of low quality, you can even feel the quills underneath the cover.
- Funky smell
And since they’re natural feathers, these pillows tend to have an unpleasant smell. Though the best brands have the feathers cleaned and sanitized to prevent the funky bird smell.
How to Clean and Take Care of Feather Pillows?
Feather pillows are more low maintenance than down pillows. Since they’;re mostly machine and tumble-dry friendly, it’s easier to keep it clean. But that doesn’;t mean you’;d just toss them in the washing machine and allow it to do its work.
You still need to do some TLC to maintain its quality. Here are some steps to prolong the comfort that you get from your feather pillows.
- Washing of the pillows
It’;s best advised to follow the proper washing instructions. But if it’;s not available, here are simple steps on how to wash your feather pillows:
- Use cold water for washing your feather pillows. And press the gentle cycle.
- Use a low sudsing detergent. Toss in around 2 tsp of low sud detergent. Suds can destroy the integrity of your feather pillows
- Rinse in cold water
- Then opt for an extra rinse cycle
- Don’t use fabric conditioner
- Pop in the dryer under medium heat. You can also fluff the pillow before drying
- Wash your feather pillows on a sunny day. Refrain from washing if there’;s high humidity
- Don’t go to bed with wet and greasy hair. These can destroy the integrity of your feather pillows.
- Use pillow covers
Your hair and face still produce oil. So you may want to get a pillow shell to protect your feather pillows. This also ensures that feathers won’;t escape or poke your skin. A good one would be pillow shells with high thread counts.
Also, regardless of pillow types, it’s best to get shells that can be zipped up. This protects your pillows from staining should you accidentally spilled a beverage on them. You can choose a cotton sateen cover for added softness and comfort.
To maximize comfort, change pillowcase at least once a week. This also prevents the accumulation of oil and grease that might seep through the pillow shell.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Feather Pillow
Before you head out to the store, there are some important things that you might want to consider before buying feather or down pillows.
- Thread count
The higher the thread count, the more tightly woven the materials are. The best feather pillows contain an outer shell that has a high thread count. The quills are solid structure and have the possibility of poking out of the pillowcase. So a pillow shell with a higher thread count prevents any feathers from poking out of the cover. Also, pillows with a higher thread count are softer and feel more luxurious. Hence, a down pillow with a 500 thread count is better than one with a thread count of 250.
- Level of firmness
Some want their pillow super soft while others need more firmness for decent head and neck support. The level of firmness is dictated by the ratio of the feathers vs the down. Feathers are more rigid and they give structure to the pillow.
And too much of it can make a feather or down pillow too firm. Down, on the other hand, insulates the pillow. It lends the pillow the cushions and softness. So in choosing your feather pillow, distinguish the ratio of down vs the feather. The more feather it contains, the more firm the pillow is. Hence, bear in mind that a pillow with a 750 fill power offers a great level of firmness than options with a lower fill power.
- Fill power
Fill power refers to how many ounces of feathers and down are in the pillow. This determines the fluffiness of your pillow. The higher the fill weight, the fluffier your pillow gets. Since it’;s brimming at the sleeves with feathers and down, it’;s more compact and plush. The best luxury pillows with a higher fill power tend to be more expensive, but it can last longer. And the chances of it flattening out is seldom. Thus, a pillow with 550 fill power or one that comes with a 750 fill power for a more luxurious feel. It’s also worth noting that a pillow costs more if it has a higher fill power.
- Which side do you sleep on?
Why do sleeping styles matter? To get the best support for your neck, back, and head, you need to consider your sleeping position when choosing between pillow types. Though most of the best brands are comfortable for almost all sleeping styles, you might just need a few modifications. Pillows types that would suit back and side sleepers and may not be the best options for those who sleep on their stomachs.
Side sleepers, for instance, may need a firm feather pillow than users with other sleeping styles. You need medium support for your shoulders, neck, and back. A pillow that’s too soft may hurt your body. Stomach sleepers, on the other hand, need a softer pillow. A pillow that is too firm may not allow the head to comfortably lie and it may result in a stiff neck for stomach sleepers.
And if you sleep on your back, a feather pillow that offers medium will help you keep a comfortable, neutral position throughout the night. Thus, it is important to choose a type of pillow that’s suitable for your preferred sleep position.
- Any allergies
It’;s a common myth that feather pillows can trigger your allergy. A feather pillow or a duck down pillow is actually no different than a regular pillow. You may ask why, since natural feathers may have a distinct smell and may contain microorganism.
It’;s because the manufacturing process ensures that these feathers have been sanitized and cleaned before filling. So like regular pillows, they’;re also safe for those who have allergies. But if you still experience an allergy, you may need to change your pillowcase more often. A dirty pillowcase can harbor a lot of mites, fungi, and other microorganisms that can trigger an allergy attack.
Some feather pillows and duck down pillows may also contain synthetic or microfiber materials. Some may also contain polyester puffballs. Make sure that you don’t have allergies to these before buying. You can also check if specific brands offer allergy warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a feather pillow last?
When properly washed and taken cared of, feather pillows can last up to 7 years. To make sure that you’re getting great value from your investment, consider purchasing a product that comes with a sleep trial and a 3 year warranty or longer. In addition, it is wise to purchase from a brand that offers a generous warranty for all the products purchased from them.
- Are feather pillows safe?
The feather came from live birds. And these feathers can harbor some living microorganisms, fungus, and bacteria. While manufacturers do test their products, these can cause an unpleasant odor and can trigger allergies in some people. That’;s where the question of safety arises.
But the best brands have all the feathers sanitized and cleaned before stuffing. And they adhered to strict international standards for safety. So you’re pretty sure that your favorite feather pillow brand is rendered safe to use already. It is also advisable to purchase your down pillow from a manufacturer that follows the Responsible Down Standard.
- How often do I change my pillows?
Feather pillows can last up to 7 years with proper care and maintenance. But if you have any kind of allergies, it’;s recommended to change your pillows every 2-3 years.
- Why do feather pillows stink?
Feather pillows are tightly vacuum sealed. So initially, it can really inhibit some sort of funky smell. But this would disperse eventually.
If it stills smells, check the stitching at the sides and see if any holes or quills are poking out. It will also help if you lay it out in the sun once in a while. Fresh air and a healthy dose of sunshine can remove any unpleasant odors.
And make sure you have fully rinsed your pillow. Sometimes, the unpleasant smell can be a result of soap residue. That’;s why it’s advisable to run another extra cycle on the rinse.
- Which is better: feather or down pillows?
Well, that the best value or the best luxury feather or down pillow for you depends on your needs and preferences. Down pillows are like sleeping on clouds, but they may lack structure. Feather pillows, on the other hand, offer more back and neck support, but they are crispier and can flatten.
That’s why a lot of the best brands make use of a combination of both down and feather fillings so that consumers will get the best of both worlds. Make sure that you’re getting a pillow with the right fill power as well. While most medium feather pillows have a 550 fill power, you can go for firmer options with a 750 fill power. So you get that cushiony plush feel while getting the needed support for your neck and head.
Soft, comfortable, and firm pillows at the same time. This is what you need to get a dreamy sleep. Before, you tend to just buy the softest pillow that you can get your hands on. But you wouldn’t do that anymore. You need to consider the type of filling, fill power, firmness, thread count, sizes, design, and if it comes with a sleep trial and a warranty.
Feather pillows are more comfortable and they’re eco-friendly too. Not to mention, you will not get the same luxurious experience with a synthetic pillow. The best feather pillows can do wonders for your sleep. You get that quality snooze without waking up in the morning with a stiff neck or a bad back.